Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 21
02-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
You missed the "should" in there. I have no problem with 5xTB2 nailing you to the virtual space concrete.

I agree, Pets doing this for free without opportunity cost, is Gecko at its finest. And many more impolite words come to my mind to describe this situation that I can't post here since its an english language forum.

BTW i would be more then happy, to test a 1v1 Vesta with phaser procs, VM, 2x tractor beams, chroniton torp/mines, and danubes. Let's see if this disabels a player long enough to go boom.
Thanks for clarifying the "should."

I will place some bets on this proposed test

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,120
# 22
02-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Again Imho there is a substantial difference...when Fed vessels suffer a dramatic loss of energy they are dead...they can't do nothing to escape, nothing to strengthen shields, nothing to enhance the power of their weapons, nothing to buff their heals...they can only use a battery to rapidly bring back the energy to only one power subsystem.
The Danube teams supported by others movement debuffs are useful only against the Bops...those little devils so fast and lethal, the well known nightmare for our silly pacifist Cruisers armed with silly pacifist beams...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 682
# 23
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Given the amout of things you had to do to bring all power levels to zero, I think that the KDF having this is fair. This is a very dedicated build, and I would think that having all of this would take some sacarifice in damage and tanking. I run a varient of the drain build for STFs in a Karfi, and while I pull my weight, I know I'm not the one doing the most damage, and this is with a frigate in one of the slots. Also, Siphon drones are fairly easy to kill with scatter volley or fire at will.

Now, should the FEDs be able to do the same thing? Maybe. From what I hear, the feds have the advanced runabouts, which combined with BOFF abilities seem to be able to shut down a ship in a similar way. Is it similar enough to count as the fed shut down? Maybe. Personally, I would prefer a different but equal approach where the KDF can shut someone down one way, and the FEDs can shut someone down another way, but the end result is that the target is shut down.

Again, personally, I don't think its a bad thing if one ship can shut down another. I mean, everyone says its fine that an escort can outshoot everyting else, and that a cruiser can outtank everything else, what is wrong with a sci ship out draining everything else as long as it can't do the first two as well.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 259
# 24
02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
what is forgotten is that not only is the drain carrier draining so are the rest of the team (plasmatic leech)

and its behavior is very odd one person it acts fine more then one using it is when it gets a bit screwy!

i would like you guys to run some tests with this carrier supported by 4 plasmatic leech ships and watch as what ever the resistance to drain is your power is zeroed out.
Andy@andy30
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1615554000&dateline=1  365460663
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,448
# 25
02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamipoi View Post
what is forgotten is that not only is the drain carrier draining so are the rest of the team (plasmatic leech)

and its behavior is very odd one person it acts fine more then one using it is when it gets a bit screwy!

i would like you guys to run some tests with this carrier supported by 4 plasmatic leech ships and watch as what ever the resistance to drain is your power is zeroed out.
Unless it's broken again plas leech drain is capped more players shooting you w/leech won't make a difference in terms of drain, gain is another story.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,433
# 26
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
as far as runabouts go, remove the tractors and give them a DBB with BO1/2 and THY1/2. that would make them more like a bop frigate equivilent
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 27
02-22-2013, 04:36 PM
that was a lot of fun.

i believe that these drones are certainly still bugged. there should be no way that these drones alone should be able to siphon that much power. it seems to be across the board, regardless of initial power level. that's totally absurd.

granted, outrunning siphon drones is an absolute defense, but there are many abilities that can render this point moot. all you need to do is open up a tiny window for these little suckers to do their work and you have essentially nullified one target. even if your systems are not completely zero'd out, you're pretty much dead in the water.

i'm pretty sure the engines subsystem power needs to be looked at too. i think there needs to be a higher correlation between engine power and speed. only when your engines power is completely zero'd out are you stuck in the water. with naz's engine power in the teens, he was still very much able to dip and dodge with no problems.

regardless, the entire test was a lot of fun. my hats off to sargon for pulling it all together and naz for being such a great target and providing us with the video. till next time, gents.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 585
# 28
02-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
as far as runabouts go, remove the tractors and give them a DBB with BO1/2 and THY1/2. that would make them more like a bop frigate equivilent
Never gonna happen, not so long as the Runabout player shuttles have in-built TB's... ones that work peachy-keen on anything they grab. However, the runabouts TB power needs to be a player-used activated ability and on a 2 minute (IE: Unleveled up) cooldown. that cannot be circumvented by launching more runabouts or by powers such as Tech DOff'd Aux to Bat.

On the topic of Power Drains, they're mostly exceptionally weak care of hazard emitters. Leech, Siphon, I believe Target: Subsystems, and Tyken's Rift are all cleared by it, and mostly weak enough to be ignored from a single player.

Tyken's, especially, as anyone who's spec'd 9 into insulators will not suffer more that -7 to all subsystems, even if a series of Rifts are activated around the target through the Gravimetric DOff. This was tested on CaptainHorizon's Steamrunner using a Recon Science Vessel with 4 Mk XI Rare Flow Capacitors, 9 ranks into Flow Capacitors, 125 Aux, Mk XI Jem'Hadar Deflector, and Tyken's Rift 3. He lost 7 points off the top of all subsystems and not an iota more while sitting out the full duration of the rift in the center of it.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,392
# 29
02-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Given the amout of things you had to do to bring all power levels to zero, I think that the KDF having this is fair. This is a very dedicated build, and I would think that having all of this would take some sacarifice in damage and tanking.
when your opponent's shields drop for lack of shield power, their defense goes to negatives for lack of engine power, and their weapons and heals go to **** for lack of weapons/auxiliary power, you really don't need all that much in the way of damage or tanking, methinks
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 30
02-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
that was a lot of fun.

i believe that these drones are certainly still bugged. there should be no way that these drones alone should be able to siphon that much power. it seems to be across the board, regardless of initial power level. that's totally absurd.

granted, outrunning siphon drones is an absolute defense, but there are many abilities that can render this point moot. all you need to do is open up a tiny window for these little suckers to do their work and you have essentially nullified one target. even if your systems are not completely zero'd out, you're pretty much dead in the water.

i'm pretty sure the engines subsystem power needs to be looked at too. i think there needs to be a higher correlation between engine power and speed. only when your engines power is completely zero'd out are you stuck in the water. with naz's engine power in the teens, he was still very much able to dip and dodge with no problems.

regardless, the entire test was a lot of fun. my hats off to sargon for pulling it all together and naz for being such a great target and providing us with the video. till next time, gents.
And thanks to you, Sharpe!

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.