Starfleet Veteran
# 11
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
It should be for what you have to do to get it, but what's it come with?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 12
02-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsrish View Post
So, when the turret does the plasma flamethrower thing, does it actually do more damage, or is it just a graphics switch?
I haven't paid enough attention to see if the plasma flamethrower does more damage per tick, but it's AoE so you definitely get more damage against groups.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 13
02-22-2013, 01:52 PM
The turret fires energy bolts like it's predecessor in addition to using a powerful flamethrower attack when enemies get close to it. The Mk XI and Mk XII kits come with a 5th ability, quick fix I and II respectively.

Overall, the flame turret upgrade is pretty damn good when I used it with my engineer. Made quick work of mobs that got too close.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 14
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
It should be for what you have to do to get it, but what's it come with?
I got one of these for my main Engi a few days ago (MK XI Version) and can say that it Absolutely ROCKS!

Here's what it comes with...

Seeker Drone Fabrication III
Quantum Mortar Fabrication III
Medical Generator Fabrication III
Turret Fabrication IV (<-- This is the Shiz!)
Quick Fix I

Here's a Screenshot of the entire specs for the Kit.

I love the Turret Fabrication IV. Especially in PVE considering that your enemies will run right toward you. Just stand behind your plasma turret and watch them feel the burn! Awesome!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 02-22-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the info and screenshot.

I agree it looks awesome.

Too bad they don't have the Shield Generator thou.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 16
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Too bad they don't have the Shield Generator thou.
That's the one and only beef I have with the kit too tbh.

I get around it though by making one of my Engi boffs place a Shield Gen before engaging an enemy mob. It's a tad inconvenient but worth it considering what that Turret IV can do!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I'll post the mkxii stats when I get home, bit they are all superior to my previous purple mkx fabrication kit I replaced (also has the fore-mentioned quick fix). I get around the shield generator issue by slotting the transporter engineer jemmy doff from the dominion lockbox. Chance to beam in a shield generator when placing a medical generator.
Captain
# 18
02-22-2013, 04:27 PM
if anyone can tell the prices for those kit, and the embassy tier needed, it would be awesome. Thoses informations are difficult to have, to say the least.
Also, I wouldn't mind the prices and rank for others embassy reward (boff and tailor).

I plan to pay a fleet for those goodies, since I don't have one, and I wish to know what they cost.