Captain
Again I had an ISE - where someone went to the right side and blew up a gen

They did it deliberately despite my PM's asking what they were doing and flying around them.

They went close to be out of cube range - dead stop and fired tric torps and phasers from their Star Crusier. after blowing up cube they waited until we mopped up the other side then helped with right side.

Problem for the griefer and why we laughed at them was there was 3 very high powered and skilled Tac Jems in there and vaporized everything so we got the optional!

I made note of the persons name and fleet name.

better to contact the persons fleet? or GM?
Captain
# 2
03-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Neither

You report them they do nothing I've tired

You report to fleet you'll just get wrath of their fleet or worse so just leave it . . .

Sorry but it's the harsh truth that nothing will happen
Captain
# 3
03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
GMs are not going to help here...

best thing to do is to evade public queue via joining one of the elite stf channels and do stfs there, with those people.

would this be used by more players afker will find themselves grouping with other afkers suddenly. problem solved.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 4
03-25-2013, 09:17 AM
This is one of the questions that probably doesn't have an answer, since even if action IS taken against the offending party Cryptic are not able/allowed to feed back on the action (or inaction) that was agreed upon.

It's one of those issues that'll probably never go away anyway, since there isn't really a satisfactory method of dealing with such 'players'* - I've been trying to complete the Romulan repuation (part way through tier 4) and the last three Azure Rescues I've participated contained at least one idiot who sat at the spawn point doing nothing other than select 'need' on everything that dropped.

* A loose term, since by definition they are NOT players, since 'player' indicates participation - something that the type of loser we're dicsussing doesn't do.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 5
03-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
This is one of the questions that probably doesn't have an answer, since even if action IS taken against the offending party Cryptic are not able/allowed to feed back on the action (or inaction) that was agreed upon.

It's one of those issues that'll probably never go away anyway, since there isn't really a satisfactory method of dealing with such 'players'* - I've been trying to complete the Romulan repuation (part way through tier 4) and the last three Azure Rescues I've participated contained at least one idiot who sat at the spawn point doing nothing other than select 'need' on everything that dropped.

* A loose term, since by definition they are NOT players, since 'player' indicates participation - something that the type of loser we're dicsussing doesn't do.
there is a big difference between akfers and deliberately blowing gens on the far side to fail optional and screw up the mission.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Reporting them does nothing on a case-by-case basis. Reporting to their Fleet leader at best results in them getting kicked from a fleet, but will not stop the player in question from doing it again.

But I still report them, and here's why:
1) Reporting to GM may not result in a direct action against the offender, but if the staff is blasted with these reports, it will eventually become obvious that it is a problem they need to deal with as a whole. They've already acknowledged it, and say they are looking into solutions, but bombing them with these reports may stoke the fire a little bit more. I encourage it.
2) Reporting them to their Fleet's leaders sometimes results in a negative response, but sometimes it's a positive one. I know that if I was to receive such a report about a member of our fleet behaving badly in stf's or showing up in Fleet Actions in a Miranda, I would take care of it directly in order to prevent tarnishing the fleet name. I have to believe that the majority of the fleets out there feel the same, and would act similarly if they receive such a report. Although some Fleet Admirals respond with a 'So?', and in some cases, the offender WAS a fleet leader, once in a while I talk to a like-minded Fleet Leader that appreciates the alert that one of their members is a potential problem.

None of this will stop these practices. But since the Devs still refuse to take actions to eliminate this now rampant problem they have caused with Season7, it's all we can do.
@kardat Tradik | S'Kard | Taev | Roehzir | Taiben | Zairae Omega Family Fleet

"Some people are like Slinkies; completely useless but fun to push down the stairs"
Career Officer
# 7
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
there is a big difference between akfers and deliberately blowing gens on the far side to fail optional and screw up the mission.
I realise that, but there isn't a different system for reporting a griefer to that used to report someone for being AFK, so the point remains.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 8
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Add them to your ignore list and hope to god you never see them again in the queue. Sometimes it's really difficult not to pug, good way to meet new people and face new challenges (hopefully good ones lolz).
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 9
03-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Sure they work... They just get ignored...

Why? Because Cryptic dosen't interfer in matters that aren't against the ToS, and AFK'ing / Leeching isn't.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 10
03-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Vote to kick. Simple. We need it.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.