Lt. Commander
# 31
01-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Ya know, its been doing the same thing to me, when I try to use the setup. Running it as an Admin only results in a file not found message. I use Vista x86..
Ugh. Second time downloading it.. and fileplanet isn't being very cooperative, either. I don't think it ever finished the download- rather, it just, about 80% of the way through, shunted me out, and stuck me back into the line.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I've had the same problem, program not compatible with my version of Windows (7/64). I will try some of the solutions here (thanks everyone), from the shortest to the longest, and we shall see....
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm on Win 7 64bit and I was getting this problem when clicking on the actual file but when I clicked on the set.exe file in my Bittorrent client it actually loaded and I'm patching now.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Doog
flaresama,

Sounds like your Fileplanet download has more corrupt files than just the Setup.exe. Delete the files that it downloaded and try the downloader again or pick a different source for the Open Beta Client from the download page.

http://www.startrekonline.com/download

Sincerely,
Cryptic Studios Technical Support
Forgot to check back on this thread. I let the installer "Sit" and went off to do other things that took up my time. I came back about 30 minutes later and I had a message telling me to click finish to complete the install. *Shrugs* I've been playing and submitting bug reports ever since! Weird, however in any case, I'm enjoying the game.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-14-2010, 11:21 AM
I had the same issue. 1/13 Fileplanet DL (10jigs). Vista 64. Wrong Windows version error. Started Torrent DL before heading to work. Depending on progress, will check to see if just snagging the .EXE is a viable solution. Maybe even throw in one fo those magic "recyle bin" hot fixes.