Republic Veteran
# 1 The Isokinetic Cannon
02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Seen in an episode of Voyager, the Isokinetic Cannon is a monstrous piece of weapons technology. Voyager gave the weapon back after their deal fell through, but they had actually installed and integrated the weapon into the ship. That would have required some study of the device. Considering how comprehensive Starfleet scans often are, the Voyager crew likely had what essentially amounts to a full set of blueprints for this device. I imagine the only thing holding them back from building their own was a shortage of resources and production facilities aboard a small ship in the middle of nowhere. I bet you that modern day Starfleet with its advanced fabrication technology could easily churn these out.

If you do a Voyager or Intrepid pack in the future, you should add the Isokinetic Cannon as a unique weapon, a hybrid of Torpedoes and Cannons, and then let us mount it on any ship (this was not a piece of specialized equipment build for Voyager, it was a piece of alien technology that was easily integrated into the ship).

Additionally, the KDF would likely quickly get wind of the device, and learn to build their own. Where to include it though, I'm not sure.

Alternatively, as suggested by "tlamstrike", this could be a Reputation reward for Delta Quadrant Reputation.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<

Last edited by commanderkassy; 02-26-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
02-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Well its been suggested that we might get a Delta Quadrent area added. If there was a rep system for it like how The New Romulus rep system came out with the Tau Dewa sector block such a weapon could a reward of that system. That way it can be added to just about any ship.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 3
02-26-2013, 12:10 PM
A weapon that can punch through ten meters of solid monotanium? Yes, please.
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
Well its been suggested that we might get a Delta Quadrent area added. If there was a rep system for it like how The New Romulus rep system came out with the Tau Dewa sector block such a weapon could a reward of that system. That way it can be added to just about any ship.
A rep reward is also a good idea Adding to OP.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<

Last edited by commanderkassy; 02-26-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Commander
# 5
02-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Could be a set power like the Heavy Graviton Beam from the MACO set.
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Cool idea, but how would you balance it?

I'm thinking it would travel as fast as a Photon Torpedo, but have the same fire-rate and damage like a post-nerf Tricobalt Torpedo.
- As long as THY and TS don't work with it, I don't think it will break PvP or STFs.

Alternatively, it could be like a Transphasic Torpedo with 100% shield penetration.
- Transphasics are low DPS, so I'm not too concerned about the PvE implications. To address the PvP aspect, there should probably be an equip limit, forcing shield-penetrating torpedo boats to mix in some of the less-efficient Transphasics.
Captain
# 7
02-26-2013, 07:08 PM
I just want an intrepid chassis with a universal bridge officer slot. If anything the Voyager series proved it was a very flexible ship, it's such a shame it's crammed into super-science exclusivity(giving the fleet fit to the D'kyr would have been more.. logical).

That said, love the Isokinetic Cannon idea.
Career Officer
# 8
02-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Two words for this idea:

DO. WANT. Effectively, it'd be a Quantum torpedo with 100% Shield Pen, but with a 30 second cooldown.
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Captain
# 9
02-27-2013, 09:17 PM
As long as there were effective counters against it like everything else, I would like to see this too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
As long as there were effective counters against it like everything else, I would like to see this too.
Probably the same sorts of counters as most kinetic weapons.

To me the larger questions are that of power drain and arc, since the damage doesent matter if you can't get it on target or fire it at a decent power level.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln