Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Commander
Issue:
The Omega personal shield generator is supposed to proc an expose on the damage owner when receiving all damage. It currently procs an expose on the shield's wearer, not the damage owner, when receiving all damage.

Duplication:
Put on the Omega shield. Have someone shoot at you, primary fire only. Observer that exposes are procced on yourself (when none should be). Observe that no exposes are procced on the damage owner.

Notes:
We also tested the standard means of putting exposes on targets. These are working as intended. We tested with no omega shield, and received no exposes when receiving damage from non-expose attacks. The problem is isolated to the omega shield.

Both mk11 and mk12 were tested for this.

Last edited by guriphu; 02-22-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Commander
# 2
02-23-2013, 12:00 AM
I did some testing of my own. I recorded two videos to demonstrate the bug in action:

Omega Shield mk XI - Bugged Expose Proc: Test 1 shows the bugged shield and its effects. Primary fire from a sniper rifle only exposed the target. The damage owner was never exposed, which would be the case if this shield was working properly.

Omega Shield mk XI - Bugged Expose Proc: Test 2 Shows what happens with a standard shield; nothing, just as it should be. This proves that the weapons themselves are not bugged, but rather the shield.

I've yet to suffer from it in PvP but this has big consequences for users of the Omega Force ground set.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 3
02-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I've started wearing the Omega stuff recently, and did notice I was getting exposed more often. This explains quite a lot.
Commander
# 4
02-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Tested and confirmed still broken as of 2/28 patch. I had hoped a fix had been ninja'd in
Career Officer
# 5
03-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
Note that since the Borg do not have Exploit attacks, you are still safe using the Omega shield in STFs.
Quoted from another post for reference. This is not what I'm experiencing in STFs.

I am getting exposed in STFs while shooting at Borg. I am not using the Omega shield, but my teammates are. So I suspect the proc works like this:

1 - when the proc activates, it applies a buff on you that will expose the next target that shoots at you. With the bug, I think this buff is being applied to the enemy instead of the shield owner.

2 - the first person who shoots at the buffed enemy (can be another teammate) will get exposed.

Unfortunately this suspicion doesn't match the tests in the OP, so it might be something else (like Borg actually having exposes). I have also noticed that I get exposed while doing absolutely nothing in STFs, but teammates are fighting. This is all very confusing.

Last edited by tk79; 03-08-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Commander
# 6
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I am pretty sure that the Borg use expose weapons (melee, spray fire on their guns) and expose powers (the green fuse armor equivalent is one, there may be others). This is most likely where your extra exposes are coming from, although there might be something to your hypothesis, too.

The Borg don't have any exploit abilities, though, so you don't need to worry about getting exposed.
Career Officer
# 7
03-11-2013, 08:42 AM
... um. You meant exploit, not expose. *feels stupid*

To follow up on this and make this a bit less embarrassing (or more), I tested getting exposed while doing nothing in STFs while teammates with the Omega shield were fighting, and couldn't replicate it. So, uh... yeah. Carry on.
Captain
# 8
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Tested this a couple days ago with a fleetie. The bug is still there.