Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
HOW THEY WORK:

"Use an upgrade kit with dilthium to perform research on an item. When you complete enough research, you will upgrade to the next higher mark. This next part is the part in question There is also a chance that your item's quality (common, uncommon, rare, very rare) will improve

Again down below (in the same description)

"Applying this kit gives a better chance of improving your item's quality than other advanced kits.

The point being that they quarantee increase in mark, while giving a chance for rarity increase

NOTE These are tradeable kits you are crafting, you do not need to have that toon or any toon with any levels in crafting

THE COST

NOTE: These use a success/crit table like components do, meaning that you are guaranteed what you are crafting, with a chance for more (3?)
NOTE2: A difference between upgrades i dont have a number for is the chance to increase rarity, which does increase with kit quality, and seems to be the only different between using a ton of basic kits and using 1 or 2 experimental kits
NOTE3: Salavaged Technology is an ultra rare material that presumably comes from the new elite tier of PvE queues being implemented with Delta Rising

Basic Tech Upgrade Kit:
Cost: 1 of each common component in that school +2,500 EC
DOFF: Research Lab Scientist
Chances with VR DOFF and 80 skill (110): 68% Critical 32% Success
Required Level in that school: 5
Research Points given to item used on: 2000

Improved Tech Upgrade Kit:
Cost: 1 of each uncommon component in that school +7,500 EC
Chances with VR DOFF and 80 skill (110): 30% Critical 70% Success
Required Level in that school: 10
Research Points given to item used on: 5000

Superior Tech Upgrade Kit:
Cost: 1 of each rare component in that school +15,000 EC +1 VR mat (not component)
Required Level in that school: 15
Research Points given to item used on: 12,800

Superior Experimental Tech Upgrade Kit:
Cost: 1 of each rare component in that school +15,000 EC +1 VR mat (not component) + 2 Salvaged Technology (Ultra Rare mat, probably from the new elite tier of missions)
Required Level in that school: 15
Research Points given to item used on: 12,800
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Last edited by jarodroto123; 09-14-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Captain
# 2
09-13-2014, 09:16 PM
RNG gambling AND requiring the use of their godawful crafting revamp. This expansion just keeps getting worse and worse.
Career Officer
# 3
09-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
RNG gambling AND requiring the use of their godawful crafting revamp. This expansion just keeps getting worse and worse.
tell me what part of this requires RNG gambling to make my VR gear MK XIV?

Career Officer
# 4
09-13-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm a bit lost. How does this apply to rep gear? Please give an example.
Captain
# 5
09-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodroto123 View Post
tell me what part of this requires RNG gambling to make my VR gear MK XIV?
If there's no randomness, then why does kit quality or success/crit-success matter at all?

And its still the crafting system. I think I'd rather have a number of infectious diseases than level even one character in that, let alone all of my alts.
Commander
# 6
09-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Questions.

Do these upgrade kits only focus on one specific field? Like under ground weapons, the kit for that only works on ground weapons and thats it? Because if so, -.-.

Also are the kits Bound as soon as they go in your inventory? Or can they be traded?

If bound, bound to character or bound to account?

Will the kits work on reputation items as well, or can we run a project in reputations to upgrade for marks and dilithium, our mkxiis to mkxivs?

Are they one time deals or can you upgrade a single piece of gear multiple times; Namely Kit Modules stuck at XI?

Last edited by wintiemintie; 09-13-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Captain
# 7
09-13-2014, 09:58 PM
How much, upgrade XP i guess, does it take to upgrade an item from Mk 12 to 13 then to 14?
http://www.helpscout.net/75-customer...es-statistics/
Commander
# 8
09-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
How much, upgrade XP i guess, does it take to upgrade an item from Mk 12 to 13 then to 14?
And is it a one time deal? Or can you upgrade multiple times. For instance,

My Sweeping Strikes is a Very Rare XI kit. Will this upgrade it to XII and can i upgrade it again to XIII, or is it a one time deal and stuck at XII?
Commander
# 9
09-13-2014, 10:08 PM
So I need to start leveling all the schools so I can upgrade my stuff? I.E. if I want to upgrade a shield I need to level up the school that includes shields? And it needs to be level freakn 15?
Career Officer
# 10
09-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
no clue, not on tribble yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintiemintie View Post
And is it a one time deal? Or can you upgrade multiple times. For instance,

My Sweeping Strikes is a Very Rare XI kit. Will this upgrade it to XII and can i upgrade it again to XIII, or is it a one time deal and stuck at XII?
not a one time deal, you can go as many marks as you want up to MK XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
So I need to start leveling all the schools so I can upgrade my stuff? I.E. if I want to upgrade a shield I need to level up the school that includes shields? And it needs to be level freakn 15?
no, the only reason you would need lvl 15 is to have a better chance of the rarity increasing