Lt. Commander
# 101
01-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash317 View Post
4870X2 owner here so AA is obviously disabled for me as well.

That being said.. do you whiners REALLY think they're going to get to release without addressing the problems they're having with ATI cards? Do you REALLY think a game studio can't enable AA on half the video cards (ATI) their consumers use? And if you still think so because of CoH, do you REALLY think Activision won't assist addressing a major issue now that they're involved?

Quit your *****ing and your pre-order cancel threats already. Jesus christ. Whiny little *****es. OH NO MY PIXELS ARE JAGGED! HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE? People are dying in earthquakes under mountains of concrete and you're flipping your **** over jagged lines. At least you can get in and play the game in the mean time.

In summary, shut..the..****..up. They'll fix it.
Vote for best forum post of the year.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
I stopped reading at ATI. Buy Nvidia. Catalyst is crap and always has been.
yes lets spend more money for inferior hardware. and catalyst isn't crap, what do you even have to base that on?
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
yes lets spend more money for inferior hardware. and catalyst isn't crap, what do you even have to base that on?
years of struggling with bugged drivers, that's what I'm basing it on. As well as years of hassle free Nvidia cards and drivers performing just fine.

More money for inferior? I paid 130 bucks for this card and it out performs a stock GTX 275. Those are facts and I'm not interested in e-peen against an obvious fan boi. shoo.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
years of struggling with bugged drivers, that's what I'm basing it on. As well as years of hassle free Nvidia cards and drivers performing just fine.
I can say the exact same thing about nvidia drivers. and it's a well known fact that SLI is a huge failure and getting it to even work is a chore at best with their crappy drivers.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
I can say the exact same thing about nvidia drivers. and it's a well known fact that SLI is a huge failure and getting it to even work is a chore at best with their crappy drivers.
Well, I certainly can't begrudge a man his personal experiences, but honestly considering that not many things are coded specifically for SLI, there really isn't much need for it. I run STO on max everything and my frames are.. well they're so good I haven't bothered to see what my framerate is and I'm only running one.

But to each their own. Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-20-2010, 02:10 AM
ATI's cards are fine and really are held back a lot by the state of their drivers..

The new Cat 10.1s are supposed to come out at the end of the month and will address alot of issues with current instabilities of the 5xxx series.

I own a HD5870 and it out performs anything that Nvidia has to offer.

Though if your going to buy something now, wait for Nvidia to release their 300's which will be due out around March/April. Even if you don't want an Nvidia card you will probably see price drops, although its expected that the mid range 300's will run you about $600. Thats the rumors anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-20-2010, 02:24 AM
5870 here and have the same problems, runs like a dog during away mission until I crash.

This is one of the things that makes me decide if I should invest in this game or not, I guess it all depends if it's resolved by the time beta ends.
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-20-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yswr View Post
5870 here and have the same problems, runs like a dog during away mission until I crash.

This is one of the things that makes me decide if I should invest in this game or not, I guess it all depends if it's resolved by the time beta ends.
I'm actually fine on away missions. I have an occasional crash once every 2 hours, but I think its more related to game scripting than graphics card drivers.

The only problem I have with my 5870 is the occasional vertical line crash.. but thats due to driver issues with the cards variable 2D clock speeds and a buggy HDMI Audio driver interface. But those only happen at my desktop and not at full load. Go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
There is a driver issue with Ati cards and AA where the game crashes. As soon as ATI bring out a hotfix ( and they said they will) AA is disabled ingame.

A workaround is, if you have the catalyst drivers, you can enable full Adaptive and Transparant AA to achieve the same result, untl the hotfix is released.

The same goes for Nvidia users,a nd anyone using drivers above 190.62 version. Chances are you will need to roll back to be able to play the game.

Again, both issues are known by ATI and NVIDIA and they have both said a hotfix will be released asap.
ATI has released multiple 'hotfixes' for their 9.12 cats. They had the original 9.12s, then they released a hotfix 2 weeks later, then on January 8th a 10.1 beta (aka 9.12.3) came out and they've had some improvments over some system setups...

But according to Catalyst's Twitter.. the new 10.1's will be out at the end of the month, they've delayed its usual release time 2 weeks, so hopefully its to address the many issues plaguing the 5xxx owners right now.
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:

More money for inferior? I paid 130 bucks for this card and it out performs a stock GTX 275. Those are facts and I'm not interested in e-peen against an obvious fan boi. shoo.
Last time I saw a fan boi, they were the ones who would go into the forum posts of users who use the opposing product to make posts to rile them up. Sound familiar?

Basically your post reads as follows.

"HAHA, my gfx card is better then yours. I said I stopped reading at ATI but look at me I am in here posting to get you in an argument."