Lt. Commander
# 41
01-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
It's amazing how many players are quik to accuse cryptic of anything and anything, yet they fail to do a simple forum search.

AA in regards to ATI cards is disabled in the game. You can't foce it, or activate it ingame. This is because there is a serious coding error in the game and drivers which, (in simple english) Screws up your game and will make it chain crash. To ensure everyone can play, Cryptic took the route of disabling the AA option so you can still test.

Don't worry though as Cryptic and ATI are working together to rectify this A.S.A.P, so all you can do is be patient.
It has nothing to do with ATi's drivers, however, it's got everything to do with Cryptic's coding!
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
It has nothing to do with ATi's drivers, however, it's got everything to do with Cryptic's coding!
yeh, i just want as much attn to this as the nvidia guys are getting. i don't expect it to be solved. but all i'm saying is that it would be nice to get an update on this issue.

thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Game is due out soon, and with so many fixes required, my pre-order is cancelled.

I have max settings, but no AA, and it really shows.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleonic View Post
Game is due out soon, and with so many fixes required, my pre-order is cancelled.

I have max settings, but no AA, and it really shows.
well, i would at least be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSloane
How annoying and I've just ordered that 5850 as well, lets hope they get this sorted soon!
I feel your pain! I ordered a 5850 and it should be coming in a few days as I'm replacing my 4890.
But man not only does STO not have AA but it chugs around like crazy in ground combat.
Same exact thing happened with CO. They need to work on optimizing it ASAP.
The game looks like crap w/o AA.
Hope a fix is soon cuz I'm not gonna buy this game if it's still in current state
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywrong View Post
well, i would at least be patient.
It's got nothing to do with patience, this game is far from ready, it shouldn't be getting released in two weeks, there are a tonne of showstopper bugs they need to squash!
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurion
I feel your pain! I ordered a 5850 and it should be coming in a few days as I'm replacing my 4890.
But man not only does STO not have AA but it chugs around like crazy in ground combat.
Same exact thing happened with CO. They need to work on optimizing it ASAP.
The game looks like crap w/o AA.
Hope a fix is soon cuz I'm not gonna buy this game if it's still in current state
yeh, like i've said throughout this thread, i would like some cryptic feedback on this issue. its nothing that makes me fearful of the complete game later on in the month, but i just see dev postings on nvidia problems and nothing yet on ati.

i've learned from reading every thread on this issue that cryptic knew what was going on with ati cards, which is why the disabled the AA, and that they have disabled it for 'some' cards, but other than that, there is no word from them.

i would love to hear some specifics, but i'm not in worried mode yet... maybe when the end of the return policy for my ati card comes up next week... then i'll get a lil antsy pantsy...
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Don;t worry if you havent heard anything about ATI yet. IF there aren't any updates, then they can't post anything. They could say " a fix will be patched in 2 days", except in those two days another issue comes up, that pushes it back a week, while they internally test it.

There is no conspiracy theory about it. In CB it worked perfectly, they added in a few new graphics and had to disable AA due to conflicts. It's as simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Don;t worry if you havent heard anything about ATI yet. IF there aren't any updates, then they can't post anything. They could say " a fix will be patched in 2 days", except in those two days another issue comes up, that pushes it back a week, while they internally test it.

There is no conspiracy theory about it. In CB it worked perfectly, they added in a few new graphics and had to disable AA due to conflicts. It's as simple as that.
Pshhhhhhhhh, you and your well founded sense. Clearly Cryptic is involved in a giant conspiracy to ignore Ati users and lose nearly half their customer base (even though, as you pointed out, AA worked fine in CB). Clearly no fix for this will ever come out, just because the devs haven't given minute-to-minute updates on the issue

I mean, I'm not actually sure what these people want the devs to say. Do they want them to come in here and say "don't worry guys, we're working on it"? Would this represent some piece of information we don't already have? I have a pair of Ati cards, plans to pre-order tomorrow, and I have no worries about this game right now.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:

thanks for the info.

i had thought about just exchanging my card for a nvidia 220, but i've heard iffy things with that card. i wanna stick with what i got, but i hope you can understand that it isn't quite a concern with me, but i do want this issue to be resolved at some point or just addressed specifically. all the info in this thread you spoken about, it would be nice to hear it from the dev team, but they are busy, i know. (but i will note that nvidia threads are the ones getting dev responses), but i won't be part of the doom/cancel preorder crowd.

just don't want the graphical jagged blocky ugliness to ruin it for me.

but everyone should know that there is a 'open beta' get out of jail free card that cryptic deserves, and it should last for a while.