Lt. Commander
# 51
01-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywrong View Post
thanks for the info.

i had thought about just exchanging my card for a nvidia 220, but i've heard iffy things with that card. i wanna stick with what i got, but i hope you can understand that it isn't quite a concern with me, but i do want this issue to be resolved at some point or just addressed specifically. all the info in this thread you spoken about, it would be nice to hear it from the dev team, but they are busy, i know. (but i will note that nvidia threads are the ones getting dev responses), but i won't be part of the doom/cancel preorder crowd.

just don't want the graphical jagged blocky ugliness to ruin it for me.

but everyone should know that there is a 'open beta' get out of jail free card that cryptic deserves, and it should last for a while.
Don't worry, AA worked beautifully on Ati cards before this little hickup. Once they get it fixed, it'll look great again. Besides, you wouldn't want to trade in your 5850 for anything Nvidia has on the market right now
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount View Post
Don't worry, AA worked beautifully on Ati cards before this little hickup. Once they get it fixed, it'll look great again. Besides, you wouldn't want to trade in your 5850 for anything Nvidia has on the market right now
thats great news! thanks!

and as an added note, because of my lack of knowledge, i actually have a 4650, but i'm guessing its the same problem with AA, so here's hopin...
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-14-2010, 12:59 PM
I remember seeing in the bug tracker in-game last night that there are several ATI issues they are working on. FYI if you haven't seen them yet. (I'm using an HD 4870 myself)
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opterongeek
I remember seeing in the bug tracker in-game last night that there are several ATI issues they are working on. FYI if you haven't seen them yet. (I'm using an HD 4870 myself)
thanks. i didn't want to bother them with this particular issue yet, because i think the artifact issue is more important, as the game is basically unplayable. in my case, its just ugly. but i might write one just in case they need the info, like my system setup and what not. i believe those bug reports in game provide that to them...
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
bump

10ch
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I just noticed that they reference this thread in their "Tech issues and answers " topic, but they havn't actually posted in this thread to give us an answer as to why it is disabled in the first place and what they are doing to fix it or how long it will take or ANY information at all.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
I just noticed that they reference this thread in their "Tech issues and answers " topic, but they havn't actually posted in this thread to give us an answer as to why it is disabled in the first place and what they are doing to fix it or how long it will take or ANY information at all.
thats kinda the issue. not a big one, i'm sure they know, apparently it was an issue in closed beta.

i say just be patient.

i did notice some improvement with my ATI as noted here... http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=1#post1443453
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurion
I feel your pain! I ordered a 5850 and it should be coming in a few days as I'm replacing my 4890.
But man not only does STO not have AA but it chugs around like crazy in ground combat.
Same exact thing happened with CO. They need to work on optimizing it ASAP.
The game looks like crap w/o AA.
Hope a fix is soon cuz I'm not gonna buy this game if it's still in current state
Want to sell me that 4890
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-16-2010, 02:29 AM
any dev. update regarding this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derFeef View Post
any dev. update regarding this issue?

10/char