Republic Veteran
# 1 Battle Group Omega
02-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Does anyone else think that there should be more use for this Area, and a newer variety of MPC ships (i.e. Bortas'qu, Vesta Kumari, Peqhu etc.)

just visiting there yesterday with some Fleet members and its kinda been left behind times, well hopefully with this May update 'March Beneath The Raptors Wings' they give the visuals, NPC's in Areas, Areas (Space and Ground) a bit of an overhaul!...?

be good to see NPC's (Space and Ground) interacting with more things, even having more things interactable for Player Captains....
just a thought
Career Officer
# 2
02-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Never liked them moving the STF store from Omega to DS9 with Season 5, because it really killed Omega's usefulness. Would've been nice if the Reputation system had you go there for your gear than the current instant gratification.

Only thing I can think of to make it useful again is expand Gamma Orionis with more content, which would make Omega useful again as a waystation. Maybe add a Borg Fleet Event that has you defending Omega Fleet with a Super Tactical Cube being the boss and it turns into a fight like BoBW or First Contact.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 3
02-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Never liked them moving the STF store from Omega to DS9 with Season 5, because it really killed Omega's usefulness. Would've been nice if the Reputation system had you go there for your gear than the current instant gratification.

Only thing I can think of to make it useful again is expand Gamma Orionis with more content, which would make Omega useful again as a waystation. Maybe add a Borg Fleet Event that has you defending Omega Fleet with a Super Tactical Cube being the boss and it turns into a fight like BoBW or First Contact.
Yes to all of that.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 4
02-24-2013, 06:19 AM
I'd like some of the ships to be explorable, and have dailies inside. Like, you could go visit D'Vak and Four of Ten in the ready room and/or observation lounge of the USS Victory, using the Galaxy interior we were shown in 2008 (or P'Tor and J'vek aboard the Chang). You could get a briefing on the situation there, train in a holodeck (which would be a great place for this), or go and adjust power levels in engineering using minigames a bit like dilithium mining or radiation scanning (and given what they have Admirals doing on New Romulus this isn't too much of a stretch).

Could probably even have some DOFF missions in there.

It would be a fantastic opportunity to use that Galaxy interior Cryptic lied to us about in 2008 (as well as other interiors elsewhere for similar dailies), and for Cryptic to advertise other of their fancy interiors.
----
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Re-purpose the old ESD model and designate it Omega Base. Put the Omega store there and make it to where you have to unlock the items via the Rep system but then you could go to the Omega Base to the Omega Store to buy it.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 6
02-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I'd like some of the ships to be explorable, and have dailies inside. Like, you could go visit D'Vak and Four of Ten in the ready room and/or observation lounge of the USS Victory, using the Galaxy interior we were shown in 2008 (or P'Tor and J'vek aboard the Chang). You could get a briefing on the situation there, train in a holodeck (which would be a great place for this), or go and adjust power levels in engineering using minigames a bit like dilithium mining or radiation scanning (and given what they have Admirals doing on New Romulus this isn't too much of a stretch).

Could probably even have some DOFF missions in there.

It would be a fantastic opportunity to use that Galaxy interior Cryptic lied to us about in 2008 (as well as other interiors elsewhere for similar dailies), and for Cryptic to advertise other of their fancy interiors.
most of that was from perpetual entertainment, the people who owned STO before Cryptic, it is proven the ships they made are in the game I just want those in game now.
Captain
# 7
02-24-2013, 06:31 AM
They still talk about exploration marks. Either KDF or fed side.
It seems nobody told them about the last patchs.

Also, the borg and Undines missions reward BS, they even removed the borg console, and only left a good blue pulsewave and a blue engi armor. That's all. The rest of them reward green armor and useless consoles.
A revamp would be welcome.