Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 941
# 101
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Who the hell wants to be a Horta?
You must be new around here and never heard the producer mention that he would like to play a horta in STO.

You can replace Horta with any faction that you please, other than Feds or KDF.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,014
# 102
02-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Please feel free to back up your claim. You made such a random statement, and you didn't provide any proof. Even though many of us are speculating, you came out with an image and declared a Romulan faction.
They were clearly joking, as that's obviously concept art of the Narada from Star Trek 2009. Ease up.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 623
# 103
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
You must be new around here and never heard the producer mention that he would like to play a horta in STO.

You can replace Horta with any faction that you please, other than Feds or KDF.

Relatively new to the PWE forums, but been in game/used pre-PWE forums since 2010

But really, a Horta? He must have been trolling.
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,965
# 104
02-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordagamemnonb5 View Post
Who the hell wants to be a Horta?
Horta are smarter than Pakleds.... why don't they fly starships already?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 105
02-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Horta are smarter than Pakleds.... why don't they fly starships already?
No thumbs.

Join our cause now!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,965
# 106
02-25-2013, 02:18 PM
they have pseudopods...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 941
# 107
02-25-2013, 02:53 PM
But wouldn't Horta ships have to be made of stone or bedrock so they can eat on their way to engineering or to the bridge?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,226
# 108
02-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.
.....
we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction.
.....
If and when we release a Romulan faction, ....
I can't wait for May to see the rage and tears of all those who read these statements and translate them as "we promise to install a fully fleshed-out Romulan faction in May."
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 969
# 109
02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.
.....
we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction.
.....
If and when we release a Romulan faction, ....
I can't wait for May to see the rage and tears of all those who read these statements and translate them as "we promise to install a fully fleshed-out Romulan faction in May."
fixed...

Quote:
..."you promise to install a fully fleshed-out Romulan faction in May."
Exactly. While many people are pointing to a Romulan faction, the developers have been saying something very different. It goes back to the KDF issue. Cryptic wants to flesh out the KDF side of "Star Trek: Online"; however, the company has also mentioned about the faction losing money. If they are losing money over an already in-game faction, why would Cryptic want to add in a third one?

Until Cryptic releases more information, the Romulan faction idea is based solely on speculation.

What did Dstahl mean by, "related to Romulans in some way"?

Is he talking about featured episodes?
Is he talking about a new social zone?
Is he talking about extending the Romulan sectors?
Is he talking about a playable character for KDF?
Is he talking about fleshing out the Iconian and Romulan storyline?
Is he talking about Romulan clothes for the player characters?
Is he talking about more Romulan bridge officers?
Is he talking about adding Romulan design ships to KDF?

*shrugs*

We do not know.

If the fan Romulan speculation does not come to light, we cannot blame Cryptic for not delivering a Romulan faction. Players set themselves up for the fall.

Last edited by linyive; 02-25-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 584
# 110
02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
2 main Things

KDF You will not BELIVE what is from beta and passed that that the Empire was promised and never given. just click my link at my signature and you will see...

Also, as of this, the Empire needs more work. WAY more work.

RIC

Well short and sweet: The Romulans can wait. There is barley any support for the Empire and the Romulan will be nerfed or even take much from the game.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:31 AM.