Captain
# 151
02-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
I would be happy just to be able to roll a Romulan with JUST the content that KDF got on day 1.
No. You really wouldn't. You'd have to level a Fed to 6. Easy peasy.

Then ... here's the part that would really kill it for you.

You'd have to level the new Romulan character ONLY through PVP.

Level 1 PVP.

When was the last time someone queued up for that?

Right.

Your character couldn't make it to level 10. There'd be no way to gain the XP.
Rihannsu
# 152
02-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I whine, therefore I am.
Descartes can only really be enjoyed when read in the Klingon original.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 153
02-27-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
if i were cryptic i would vote for option #2.

PLUS, all new factions starting at lvl 40 (for the ship sales - first ship at lvl 40 for free, you get to choose from 3, then you HAVE to buy a new ship at lvl 50).
I really think that's in the category of awful options, as enthusiastic and well meaning as it seems.

Look at the flow of what can be done:

All factions start at level 1. Good IF you have the official content for it. Painful if not. It's not just NUMBER of missions. The Fed missions are supposed to teach first time gamers how to play.

Start at level 25/35/40/etc. Awful idea IMHO. You won't let someone play that without first having a Fed at 25/35/40. By which point they are invested in their Fed character and will likely get their Fed character to 50. At that point, in a game where the average player has maybe two alts (the average is probably a bit less than two), playing the second character becomes catch-up work. They're invested in one character already.

Start at level 50. Back into the realm of acceptability again. It will displease certain corners of the forums and it definitely makes non-Fed faction an alt based activity but it becomes an alt based activity people are more inclined to invest in again because they don't have to spend well in excess of 10 hours to get back what they already have on a Fed character.

I really, sincerely believe any starting level that isn't 1 or 50 is a pretty massive mistake. At most, I might fudge and go for 45 if the tutorial/backstory spits them out at 50.
Rihannsu
# 154
02-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

Level 1 PVP.

Right.

hm - i remember lvling my first KDF toon back at launch, it was fun! the broken ground PVP was always full, just there was only 1 map (or 2). the space PVP was also full..

plus, there would be these exploration missions, then the patrols, fleet actions.. why not..

just a day ago i created 2 new KDF toons, and as i HATE the first KDF mission, i always go kill some cardies, feds and romies first..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Rihannsu
# 155
02-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

Level 1 PVP.

Right.

Please don't try to tell me what I do and don't like especially where it concerns STO. Speak only for yourself. *I* have enjoyed the game since closed beta. Almost all of it. The parts that I do not like are the results of the wannabe hard core players to get "raid" content added in the form of the STFs. Everything else about STO I actually enjoy.

Even though I purchased a Lifetime sub back when they were first offered, I still continue to support STO by spending my hard earned cash on my own enjoyable entertainment.

And now I want to finally enjoy a playable Romulan faction here in STO even if it were to take the form of the exact same status with the exact same content that Klingon fans have been able to enjoy since day 1. I have the funds available and intend to fully support a new fledgling playable Romulan faction and will promptly do so.

I've been waiting for three and a half years to be able to play a Romulan character in STO.
And I'll take it in any shape or form that I can get.
Captain
# 156
02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Please don't try to tell me what I do and don't like especially where it concerns STO.
You could like whatever you want. What I'm telling you is that you would not be able to level properly if it was the way it was at launch. Because you could not gain XP. You'd be gated out.

You could not access XP to actually level. And as far as I can tell, that's not enjoyable for anyone. You'd be stuck.
Captain
# 157
02-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
hm - i remember lvling my first KDF toon back at launch, it was fun! the broken ground PVP was always full, just there was only 1 map (or 2). the space PVP was also full..
Right. Back then low level PVP existed. These days?

Quote:
plus, there would be these exploration missions, then the patrols, fleet actions.. why not..
He said the way it was at launch. Not the way it is now. So remove all of those from what you could do. You could level in PVP. And you would get added bonus XP from taking on missions that rewarded you for what you did in PVP.

Problem is ... no one would PVP with you at levels 1 to 10.

Thus, you could not level if it was the way it was at launch.
Rihannsu
# 158
02-27-2013, 11:41 AM
I was here in season 3.... And I was playing KDF in season 3. It sucked.

But I'd be happy with grinding dailies if it meant I could play RSE.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 159
03-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I would just like to say...

neener neener... to all those people here that made me out as some sort of idiot for not understanding DStahl's Cryptic "speech" and how he *couldn't* have been saying there was a chance in hell that we were getting a Romulan Faction.

<sigh>

*HAPPY DANCE* For Rommies!!!