Survivor of Romulus
# 1 New patch ruins log-on
04-28-2013, 04:23 PM
I've bee trying to play this game for time now hoping that with each new patch they would fix the log-in issues. Well, that has not happened. I have 'force verify' on and I have re-installed the game twice already. I have also tried it with 'force verify' off as well. And I have reset my computer. This is getting on my neveres since I have REAL money invested in my character. I was going to pre-order the Romulan pack but I guess that won't happen either.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE (non-trolling) help?
Captain
# 2
04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Maybe if we knew what your log in issue was you might get some more help. I personally have no issues what so ever. But try disabling on demand patching. You get everything downloaded in one big patch so depending on your computer could take a while to do. but it might resolve what ever issue your having is.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-28-2013, 10:32 PM
When I click 'Engage' The following happens:

Splash Screen: Good
Load Screen: Good
Character Screen: Crash

My character does not even fully render before I get this message:

Fatal Error: Error decrompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher
may fix this issue.:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the
launcher may fix this issue.:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Pips/M_Rank_Sf_Captain_01_C.Wtex

I am a Rear Admiral LvL 50. Why does it say 'Captain'?

Anyways does anyone know how to fix this?
Career Officer
# 4
04-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Hmm.

This is just a long shot, and is most probably nothing, but can you run a CHKDSK on your harddrive? There is an infinitesimally small chance you might have developed a bad sector.

Kinda like lupus, you want to rule it out as soon as possible.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-28-2013, 11:26 PM
[SOLVED] I just deleted everything in the 'piggs' folder. And forced patched the textures.

Happy now! I can start my KDF warrior and pre-order my Romulan pack.
Rihannsu
# 6
04-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Sometimes the force verify doesn't catch everything.

Just a rule of thumb, if the forums haven't erupted with dozens of "OMFG! GAME IS BROKE!" threads when your game stops working, it's probably isolated to your install. It's no use "waiting for a patch to fix it" because they probably don't even know you have a problem.

By the way, the game uses "captain" as a generic name for characters, it doesn't matter if you're an ensign or a VA. If it did change, it would have to constantly rename your files as you ranked up.