Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 31
02-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
CptGecko mentionned they were working on new a tutorial mission. I guess now it's new tutorial missions now. We'll probably get some episodes too. If Stahl says it's in the may update then it's in the may update, because he never lied on the upcoming content for the next season.

Low level ships are ready (that's what they said in older interviews), so it's quite doable if they release 10-15 episodes to get a full faction. As long as they don't merge them.
Well of course the low level ships are ready. they've been ready for years and in-game too.

I would not be surprised if season8 comes up in may and the so called new kdf content happens to be the tutorial only and the ability to start off at lev 1 in the kdf.

I can see it now: hey guys! new content like we promised! Lev 1 KDF players using the same ships that have been available for years AND a new tutorial!!! We're sure you will all be so happy you'll delete your current KDF toons and re-roll as level 1 to enjoy all this awesome new content! And dont forget, the federation has received ten new triple-pack starships!!!
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 32
02-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Well of course the low level ships are ready. they've been ready for years and in-game too.

I would not be surprised if season8 comes up in may and the so called new kdf content happens to be the tutorial only and the ability to start off at lev 1 in the kdf.

I can see it now: hey guys! new content like we promised! Lev 1 KDF players using the same ships that have been available for years AND a new tutorial!!! We're sure you will all be so happy you'll delete your current KDF toons and re-roll as level 1 to enjoy all this awesome new content! And dont forget, the federation has received ten new triple-pack starships!!!
There's no reason to be so negative about it, just as there's no reason to be optimistic about Dstahl's annoucement.

We will wait, and we will judge then. Not before
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 33
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
The biggest thing on that list that hasn't happened (imo): "Start as a KDF with your first toon"

This would be a major boon to the KDF faction. Right now a player has to start as a Fed, play through 24 levels, and *then* is given the option of making a Klingon at level 20. With those hoops to jump through and time invested on Fed, there's a good reason why the KDF is such a minority.

But with a much-needed tutorial revamp (of their revamp) and actual content for levels 0-20 (but how could they do that many episodes?), I'd consider that an acceptable "finish" of the faction, given that the ships are relatively comparable (I don't care too much if Fed has more given that KDF has roughly 50 Tier 5 vessels to fly) and all sectors are unlocked.
Indeed.
With a tutorial that tells a new player on the KDF side just as much as the Federation one does, the you fine warriors should be ready to go.
Assuming we get a few additional missions to fill out the leveling...range (?) it would also go a long way towards a second faction that fells...I'm struggling for words now...credible.
I don't know how else to put it.
Time for bed I think.
Captain
# 34
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
When asked of Daniel Stahl...

"When can the KDF expect"..etc.

He gave a one word answer... "MAY"

so may is the KDF season..

I'm a gonna stock up on Dilithium and Zen!

Khemaraa sends..
What's official?

Also how is "March Under the Raptor's Wings" a KDF season?

It's all so vague and confusing.
Captain
# 35
02-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

And I don't mean announcements about "we're doing X", I mean ACTUAL in-game content I can touch with my virtual fingers.
Captain
# 36
02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
What's official?

Also how is "March Under the Raptor's Wings" a KDF season?

It's all so vague and confusing.
The Romulans take over the Klingon Empire... BAZINGA! /cough
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Rihannsu
# 37
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
So May is the KDF season ...
Hello, sir. Would you like to buy this lovely bridge here? Its on sale for today only. Think of all the money you could make from tolls!
Captain
# 38
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Hello, sir. Would you like to buy this lovely bridge here? Its on sale for today only. Think of all the money you could make from tolls!
Careful! Trolls live under bridges! Or so I've heard.

Empire Veteran
# 39
02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
What Cryptic think is a Finished-KDF is not what the KDF community think is a Finished-KDF ...
And what the average never-played -a-KDF-toon fedfan thinks is complete is not complete iether.
The KDF is incomplete on many levels. By now the Devs know how and where to fix it.

Even when fixed properly, some KDF fans will be unhappy.
That is the nature of fandom. Its derived from the word fanatic becuase a fan rarely has rational thought about what they are fans of or what thier fandom says to oppose.
Like feds whom hate the KDF and think we are being childish for wanting a better game for ourselves to enjoy or KDF fans that fail to see what effort has been and may be put into giving us what we desire.
In this respect we all just fanatics acting badly.
I look foward to May and hope it starts, if not finishes, the completion of the KDF.
I will be happy iether way.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 40
02-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
There's no reason to be so negative about it, just as there's no reason to be optimistic about Dstahl's annoucement.

We will wait, and we will judge then. Not before
This is possibly the best course for KDF fans to take.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.