Lt. Commander
Hello all. I downloaded the client through Fileplanet last night onto my main PC. It's installed and everything is fine. I wanted to copy the downloaded folder to a USB flash drive, so I could install the game on a second PC here at home. However, I notice that many files (particularly the .pigg files) are no longer in the downloaded files. It seems that the installation process moved them to the appropriate folders in my C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online folder.

I guess the thing to do would have been to copy the downloaded folder BEFORE installing the client on the first PC. I didn't think of it, I just assumed the downloaded client itself would be usable again afterward. Do I have to re-download the whole thing, or can I copy the entire (already installed) Cryptic folder from the first PC to the other PC and get it installed that way? Would I run the .exe once it's copied over? Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 07:36 AM
As I travel away from home a lot I also have installed in multiple computers... What I did was:

1) Downloaded
2) Installed on home desktop
3) Found that the pigg folder was empty
4) Copy contents of installed pigg folder back to installer pigg folder
5) Copy to 2nd machine all contents of installer folder
6) Install on 2nd machine
7) Patch both installs.

Hope this helps!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Yep, that should be fine.
Lt. Commander
I've installed the client on my desktop and on my laptop. I've patched the client on my laptop.

Is there a way to copy the patch from the latptop to the desktop?

I have a 5GB limit on my internet connection, so re-downloading a patch is difficult for me.