Survivor of Romulus
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman, Hippiejohn (who was snowed out and unable to join us) and Greendragoon with special guest Castmodean.

In Episode 3 we discuss more changes in fleet marks, bugs, mission titles, social maps, and more.

listen to it here and here:

Starbase UGC post here: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/pod...casting-couch/

Missions discussed:

By Any Means by SupremeLegate
A Minor Skirmish by HeraSeven
Relics by Kirkfat
Pieces of Hate by captnurntumber
The Arrival by Snapshot_9
12th Honor Guard: Episode 1 by Kuckles
Krios Falling by Alien du Jour

If you have a topic you'd like to see us cover or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Captain
# 2
02-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I am afraid to ask what "snowed out" means in hippie slang . I enjoyed the episode overall as usual and thought the dilaogue on custom interiors was very interesting. I look forward to the next episode. Any chance that custom npcs could be a topic? What missions make the best use of them? Which missions have the coolest custom aliens? What NPCs and costumes you would like to see in game? etc.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I am afraid to ask what "snowed out" means in hippie slang . I enjoyed the episode overall as usual and thought the dilaogue on custom interiors was very interesting. I look forward to the next episode. Any chance that custom npcs could be a topic? What missions make the best use of them? Which missions have the coolest custom aliens? What NPCs and costumes you would like to see in game? etc.
Snowed out as in literally snowed out. Big old storm where some of us live. We also started our recording session about 15 minutes late cause I had to drive home at about 3 miles per hour to make it safely.

We can certainly talk about custom NPCs, we all use them, after all. In my contest entry I'm working on now I actually maxed out the number of custom costumes you can have. First time I've ever done that
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Rihannsu
# 4
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
How many costumes do you need for that? O_o'

Hmm.... I'd love to discuss the uses of the new import costume button.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 5
02-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
How many costumes do you need for that? O_o'

Hmm.... I'd love to discuss the uses of the new import costume button.
Not enough! lol I love making custom npcs and sharing them as I know you do as well Mark.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 6
02-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Yeah but I have never used much more than around a dozen costumes... I've only done 2 missions that didn't have custom costumes, but I typically don't use a lot of them. Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant had the most I've ever had in a single mission.

But you're right, I do love making costumes. Making a duplicate of Loriss was fun. My copy is only missing one thing, the earrings. Another of my favorites was making TOS era Romulan costumes. see: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gal...8?_sid=c0f981d
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
02-23-2013, 11:55 AM
My current project involves visiting a spaceport and one of those exotic alien bars... I wish there were civilllian npcs for tellarites, Saurians, rigellians etc so you could have those aliens in your project without taking up costume slots or having to guess what off duty clothes to dress them in. Cool Romulan

Career Officer
# 8
02-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I am afraid to ask what "snowed out" means in hippie slang .
Just meant caught driving down a mountain very ... VERY slowly while a bunch of that snow stuff fell from the sky. Just meant I didn't make it back to the computer at home until 2 and a half hours after they were recording.

Been working on some fun stuff this week.
Stupid Birds.
Stupid Frelling Birds.

Peace, Love and Winter is Coming
- John
Captain
# 9
02-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Just meant caught driving down a mountain very ... VERY slowly while a bunch of that snow stuff fell from the sky. Just meant I didn't make it back to the computer at home until 2 and a half hours after they were recording.

Been working on some fun stuff this week.
Stupid Birds.
Stupid Frelling Birds.

Peace, Love and Winter is Coming
- John
Hey I can empathize I know the way -35 celcius freezes the inside of your nose

Rihannsu
# 10
02-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Yessh, yeah, I once had my cellphone get so cold the battery froze.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!