Career Officer
# 1 Publishing Issue?
02-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Greetings!

I thought I'd create a post to ask if anyone else has run into this problem. I'm going to try and verify it tonight. I published a mission earlier this week to test the pathing and patrols. When I jumped into the mission, I was a bit dismayed to find that several of the walls on my custom interior map had moved. I also was dismayed to find that my BOffs were having trouble getting through one of the Federation slidey doors. I may have rectified the slidey-door pathing problem, going to test it tonight. But the movement of several walls is discouraging me, is this a usual occurence?
Captain
# 2
02-22-2013, 07:26 AM
I haven't seen it before, but I'm maybe lucky, and I don't use a lot of walls, except for the invisible walls.
However, yesterday as I released a mission, a contact NPC was moved. Same problem with 1 enemy group. It seems the NPC contact was slightly spawning in a bed and was moved to avoid clipping. Not sure though.
Captain
# 3
02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Are you making sure to turn off "snap to grid" whenever you work on your maps?
Career Officer
# 4
02-23-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Are you making sure to turn off "snap to grid" whenever you work on your maps?
Yeah, that's the first thing that I do. The map and walls look like they should in the preview mode, but when I published it, some of the walls had moved.
Lieutenant
# 5
02-23-2013, 01:25 PM
how had they moved? i.e. the xyz?

More to the left, more north then they should be, higher then they should be, etc.