Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Shanty Town Crashes on Load
02-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I am having a problem on one of my computers. When I go to load shanty town (PvP: Scenario), it crashes about #47 in on the load screen. It gives some weird error about "textures missing/corrupt).

I have turn on disable on demand patching thinking it needed to download some file as I don't like on demand patching anyways. It downloaded like 4GB of information. I tried shanty town again and still the same thing. I couldn't get in on the toon that was trying to load the map because it kept crashing so I went to another toon to try and edit video graphic settings to no avail. I went from Windowed Maximized to FullScreen as I remember a bug with assimilated back in the day that would cause it crash if you were in windowed mode as well (or visa versa). This didn't help either.

I have forced verified as well with no success. I never had this problem before either back when I used it as my main computer.

Specs:

Nvidia 680i SLI Motherboard
Intel Core Extreme QX6700 Quad Core Processor
4 GB of RAM running at 1067Mhz
2 EVGA 8800 GTS 1 GB of memory each configured for SLI
900 Watt Power Supply
Running DX9

I don't really think its related to my setup but rather the missing file. Why isn't the game fixing it or correcting the issue when you force verify?

Should I try to copy the file from my newer system and see what happens? I did transfer the game folder from one computer to the next so it may have been lost or corrupted in transfer.

The exact error:
Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verify Files in the launcher may fix this issue:
Texture_Library/Environment/1_Assets/Crashed_Ship/Crashed_Ship_Rust_03_Ns.Wtex

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard

Last edited by blznfun; 02-23-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added Exact Error
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Ok, this could take a little time.. but have you tried this:

In the Launcher, Options. Tick "Force Verify" hit ok and then Log in.

It will take a long while do this, but given that the only option you've not mentioned of doing. You WILL have to download a part of the game again.

I'm sorry if you've done it, but if you've got a broken files this should fix it. I can't say for sure that it's not broken, but given that there aren't many threads on this, I'm believe it's you.
Career Officer
# 3
02-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah I did that. However, I did fix the problem.

I went to the log files and found something interesting. It said the file in question was "incorrect file size". For some reason, force verify would not fix this. I took the cryptic folder from my new computer and copied it over to the old computer and it worked. Half hour vs re-downloading/installing it again. Shanty town now loads.

Funny thing is though, I would have just transferred that file that was corrupt, but for the life of me I couldn't find the folder specified.

Thanks though. I appreciate the response.

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard