Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
Since the past 2 patches the elite stf borg have been putting out a rather ludicrous amount of damage.

Prior to this my setup could reliably tank the ISE gate+tac cube+ all spheres by sacrificing any and all offensive ability and focusing 100% on shield and hull tanking. It was not easy to do but it was manegeable.

Come this patch and the tac cube alone is somehow ripping off 15k worth of a single shield side that runs at 125 power WITH emgpwr2shield 3 + transfer shield strength3+ 2 wings of shield drones active + all shield reputation passives + brace for impact with 2 shield proc healing doffs AND tac team activate... in ONE HIT.

The resists of this setup on the shield are at the absolute max (KHG shield). Yet one hit and its gone.

Combat log shows the borg plasma cannon hitting for 5k damage thrice in half a second without being a critical and without my ship being static (running at full speed WITH full defensive capt skill boxes and atk ptrn delta enabled).

Oddly enough, that same plasma cannon hits me a lot of times normally for less than 500 a hit. Then all the sudden it shoots a super slam cannon version.

and yes, the borg cube itself does NOT pop up a weapon dmg buffing power either.

The same idiotic garbage that causes the borg bullcrap supertorpedoes (250k+dmg, normal torps, invisible) seems to now be causing the same problem with the borg plasma cannon.

When will this garbage be fixed?

As it stands now sci and engineer tanking WILL NOT WORK. Only tac-based speed tanking will work against this bull.

Shoddy work really. Shoddy and shameful.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 2
02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I don't have a problem... I don't think they've been stealth-buffed.

You have combat logs as evidence, I imagine? Or just baseless allegations?
Career Officer
# 3
02-22-2013, 03:46 PM
This is great news!!!!
I was getting tired to play "elite" mission on cruise control. I personally reckon the "elite" version should be hard to complete, and no one should be able to easily survive.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-22-2013, 04:48 PM
I have no evidence, and this is highly subjective, but the borgs seems to behave fairly inconsistently. Sometimes they seems to be made of paper, and blew fairly easy, and sometimes, albeit more rarely, they behave like unstoppable killing machines, regarless if i'm pugging or on a premade.
My best guess?... The Random Number God loves to mocking us
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Commander
# 5
02-22-2013, 05:22 PM
well, ninja buffed or not. it's the way of the world at cryptic. they keep pushing the bar as to how much damage we can do and then react with increasing the damage and hitpoints of the pve enemies. that's their way of balancing the scales.
Career Officer
# 6
02-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Haven't really noticed a change one way or the other and I do Elite STFs daily.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 7
02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
I don't have a problem... I don't think they've been stealth-buffed.

You have combat logs as evidence, I imagine? Or just baseless allegations?
This type of nonsense has been going on for at least a year now; I would know, I was reporting it to Cryptic on a near daily basis as it appeared to be a rather well-self-documenting bug.

As it turns out, given how the things that were happening before are still happening, this is actually the game functioning as intended.

If you'd like to experiment and feel the experience of having your ship wrecked so badly its like having your genitals slammed in a car door, let a Borg Tac Cube or Gateway on Elite neut your shields while you're not the aggro target.

When your ship explodes a few seconds after your shields drop while nothing flies at you - congratulations, you still don't have a problem but now you can see what those people who are at least marginally observant have.
Career Officer
# 8
02-22-2013, 07:17 PM
I have logs going back weeks, and the DPS of Borg in STFs has not changed in any significant way.

Looking, for instance, at the damage done by TacCube heavy plasma cannons, there is absolutely no difference in logs from February 1, and logs from today.
Captain
# 9
02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
and no one should be able to easily survive.
Not easy to survive... "Ship? What ship?"

I prefer the former yet whenever a new ship/season comes out we always get the latter...
Career Officer
# 10
02-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Here's a plot of Borg TacCube damage from Heavy Plasma Cannon yesterday night:

http://sdrv.ms/ZysLWM

Here's one from February 2:

http://sdrv.ms/ZysS4M

No difference at all.