Captain
# 1 Romulan Tactical kits.
02-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Im looking at the Romulan Tactical kits in my fleets Embassy and none of them appear to be much of an upgrade as far as stats go. The Mk XI and XII are exactly the same except for the differing version's of Motion Accelerator. And the regular Mk X and the Fleet Mk X had no damage increase to the Plasma Grenade even though the fleet kit has Plasma Grenade IV. The Standard Mk X kit's Plasma Grenade III did 186.3 damage base and the Fleet kit does the exact same damage even though it is Plasma Grenade IV.

Am I missing something?
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-23-2013, 11:39 PM
I believe there's two things.

1. Since you are looking at the items in the store, they are not taking into account skills and other bonuses I believe.

2. I believe if memory serves, part of the issue with the grenade lies in that it's basically a copy/pasted text from the normal kit for the most part. I believe it might in fact have higher damage, but I could be wrong.

Captain
# 3
02-24-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I believe there's two things.

1. Since you are looking at the items in the store, they are not taking into account skills and other bonuses I believe.

2. I believe if memory serves, part of the issue with the grenade lies in that it's basically a copy/pasted text from the normal kit for the most part. I believe it might in fact have higher damage, but I could be wrong.
Your first point makes sense... I may have to reacquire my old Mk X purple kit for comparizons of actual damage, but Im just used to seeing improvements (of all powers in the kit) in the tool tip as the Mk level increases. Im hesitant to buy the Mk XI or XII fleet kit, if Im not going to be seeing improvements.
Commander
# 4
02-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Aw heck, I plan on getting one just for the Motion Accelerator.
Captain
# 5
02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
The small buff to the other powers are insignificant, the big deal with the new kit is Motion Accelerator, you can move like flash without worries about hold or roots and at the same time deal large amounts of damage, because is the best kit for tactical.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com