Empire Veteran
This has been suggested quite awhile back by someone else, who had a much more in-depth idea, but I'd like to bring it up again, at least for this simple thing:

Could we have two-piece bonuses for the Odyssey and Bortas console sets? I could understand at the beginning why you might not want to have them, but with now both the Vesta bundle and the Kumari bundle out, both of those having two-piece bonuses on their sets, along with all the other console-based sets having two-piece bonuses, i don't think it's asking much.

It wouldn't need to be super-special considering it is a two-piece bonus. I was thinking:

Odyssey: Phaser damage bonus, 5-10% defense bonus

Bortas: Disruptor damage bonus, with an Acc bonus, or a crit chance/severity bonus.

For a bit more interesting ideas, you could add new effects to one or more of the consoles.

Odyssey: Ship seperation pattern epsilon (or something like that): Clickable ability. Launches both the saucer section and the Aquarius at the same time, allowing for both pets to be out at the same time. When the ship is rejoined, puts both the consoles on their normal cooldowns, not allowing usage of it again until those are gone.

Bortas: Mk II Disruptor Autocannon: Upgrade to the normal Autocannon...Technologies developed since the Bortasqu' was released, have led to enhanced systems used on the Bortas' main weapon, allowing it to deal greater damage and accuracy, and firing more shots per usage of the weapon.

And so on.

If that seems a bit much, switching the current three-piece bonus (the stat boosts) to be the two piece bonus, and making a more unique thing the new three piece bonus (like those above) would be ok as well.

Captain
# 2
02-22-2013, 01:30 AM
I am inclined to agree with this. Not because I love my Odysseys to death (which I do), but because the 3 piece bonus that the Odyssey and Bortasqu currently have pales terribly in comparison to even the two piece bonuses received by the other two three pack ship sets, to say nothing of the 3 piece bonus those ships receive. I would think that a three piece bonus for the flagships of the fleets would be more... extravagant... but as is, they are somewhat pitiful.

I would add an even more radical suggestion (I think I put this down somewhere before), and it would be to give the Odyssey and Bortasqu ships unique console slots specifically for those unique ability consoles. That way they wouldn't be taking up normal console slots (and you could slot in more armor/rcs/science junk), and you could still benefit from the 3 piece bonus, and it would still force you to buy the 3-pack. End result: cryptic makes more money, and Odyssey and Bortasqu flyers won't see their flagships being made as obsolete.

That second paragraph is probably off topic... oh wells XD.

Anyways, tl;dr, I agree with mimey.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I am inclined to agree with this. Not because I love my Odysseys to death (which I do), but because the 3 piece bonus that the Odyssey and Bortasqu currently have pales terribly in comparison to even the two piece bonuses received by the other two three pack ship sets, to say nothing of the 3 piece bonus those ships receive. I would think that a three piece bonus for the flagships of the fleets would be more... extravagant... but as is, they are somewhat pitiful.

I would add an even more radical suggestion (I think I put this down somewhere before), and it would be to give the Odyssey and Bortasqu ships unique console slots specifically for those unique ability consoles. That way they wouldn't be taking up normal console slots (and you could slot in more armor/rcs/science junk), and you could still benefit from the 3 piece bonus, and it would still force you to buy the 3-pack. End result: cryptic makes more money, and Odyssey and Bortasqu flyers won't see their flagships being made as obsolete.

That second paragraph is probably off topic... oh wells XD.

Anyways, tl;dr, I agree with mimey.
I remember that thread actually. It was mostly why I made this thread.

Empire Veteran
# 4
02-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Why not have the current 3 piece set bonus be a 2 piece bonus and make the 3 piece one be the ability to have the console abilities active at the same time.
Republic Veteran
# 5
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
I agree the oddy set bonus feel rather lack luster compared to andorian and vesta.... I would love to have actual reason to use all of them ..... Even just with some for fun abilities that aren't very powerful...