Career Officer
# 1 No win scenario - Ground?
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM
We have a "No Win Scenario" for space, just like in the movies- but I think it would be interesting to have a ground version of this uber-difficult challenge. Imagine the setting being the bridge of the U.S.S. Kobayaski Maru, under siege by invading ground forces from an enemy faction. One wave after another storming into the bridge, with you and your comrades as the only line of defense from the ship falling into enemy hands...

I would play this mission if it existed. I'm not a huge space guy- but I think ground combat is wicked fun.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 2
02-24-2013, 12:08 AM
In TNG, they said that the Kobyashi Maru was outdated and they replaced with the Psych Tests, so instead of a Ground version of NWS, maybe they could bring to life this psychological test?

Now if we should have a Ground NWS, I think a recreation of the Seige of AR-558 would make an interesting candidate.
Captain
# 3
02-24-2013, 01:48 AM
I don't care what they'll call it, but I'd really enjoy a survival-based ground map too. I hope they'll do this.
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
I don't care what they'll call it, but I'd really enjoy a survival-based ground map too. I hope they'll do this.
Ditto. Ground combat is a lot easier and relaxing.