Starfleet Veteran
I will bring this back up because it came to mind recently.

While its been stated that there is no intention to monetize the Foundry, presently, it sort of is. If I want to create a Catian ground character, I can, because I bought the race at some point in the past, same goes for the ferengi, klingons, trill and finally when I got my LTS a liberated Borg. Anyone who has not done so however, cannot do so. If indeed the foundry is meant to be free to all to create for all, should this flaw not be corrected?

All I can tell you is that it seems to be linked to whether a player owns the race or not.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
02-25-2013, 11:49 AM
This is a known bug.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-25-2013, 11:56 AM
indeed it is...and has been...for a very long time.

It would be nice if it got fixed since it DOES monetize the Foundry, something we have been told there are no plans to do, except where its a 'bug'
Captain
# 4
02-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Poor Frost, we keep pushing this on him. xD

I asked this back in Feb and get this response; hence his short answers here and in the last thread started by Kirk.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=539391

So we are all still making sure they know about it.
Captain
# 5
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Poor Frost, we keep pushing this on him. xD

I asked this back in Feb and get this response; hence his short answers here and in the last thread started by Kirk.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=539391

So we are all still making sure they know about it.
Wasn't it fixed for like 4 weeks before S7 reintroduced the bug?
Captain
# 6
02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Not to my knowledge.

I do remember it being a problem that popped up but was fixed that resurfaced for Season 5. I don't believe it's been fixed since then. I've been watching it to make a specific mission and I will be damned if I drop money on a lifetime sub just to edit a Liberated Borg costume for foundry.

Was it that people could bypass it with the import costume feature... thing? Is that what you are thinking of? I never tried that myself.
Rihannsu
# 7
03-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Not to my knowledge.

I do remember it being a problem that popped up but was fixed that resurfaced for Season 5. I don't believe it's been fixed since then. I've been watching it to make a specific mission and I will be damned if I drop money on a lifetime sub just to edit a Liberated Borg costume for foundry.

Was it that people could bypass it with the import costume feature... thing? Is that what you are thinking of? I never tried that myself.
As of last week, the import feature could circumvent this bug for Caitians. I didn't test it with the other races, however.