Lieutenant
# 1 New build help
09-29-2013, 07:29 PM
For a long time, I've made my toons with the same general build, pulling setups from various sources. Usually the builds worked. But now, I'm going to be doing a build specifically designed for KDF science- more to the point, in a Voq'uv then Kar'fi, with the ability to cleanly swap between them. Any ideas?

P.S. The build id like to have is more hull oriented with a better buff for grav well
Captain
# 2
09-29-2013, 07:31 PM
So you are basically asking someone to build a ship for you.....

First post YOUR builds that you would like for your ships.

THEN we can help you sort them, and make them better and swappable...
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Lieutenant
# 3
09-29-2013, 09:33 PM
no, ideas on how i could make a build that would achieve a more hull oriented ship.
my past builds have all been shield oriented
Captain
# 4
09-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Look into Hull HP and Regen consoles, Structural integrity bonuses from engines, deflectors, and shields. Skill points in such..... basically apply shield ideas to consoles that have the same theory but with a hull motif...
Lieutenant
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Your asking for advice on Klingon Ships, you'd be better off in the Klingon Fleetyards.

Use this http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/ to easily show us your build.

Your BOFF layout is pretty awful as far as I'm concerned and when you say it doesn't give you the results you want you never say what those results are.

Grav Well is meant to be getting fixed right now, it's not exactly great as is.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 7
09-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
your Asking For Advice On Klingon Ships, You'd Be Better Off In The Klingon Fleetyards.

Use This http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/ To Easily Show Us Your Build.

Your Boff Layout Is Pretty Awful As Far As I'm Concerned And When You Say It Doesn't Give You The Results You Want You Never Say What Those Results Are.

Grav Well Is Meant To Be Getting Fixed Right Now, It's Not Exactly Great As Is.
All Of This
Lieutenant
# 8
09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Well, excuse me for being new to this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
09-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb143 View Post
Well, excuse me for being new to this.
I meant no offence by any thing I said, but these are all the first basic steps to take to get better advice.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 10
09-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Since it seems you want to be more hull repair oriented, I suggest some basic information:

Redo skill points to favour Hull repair, Armor plating, Hull plating, as well as all the cruisery skill points (see Hilbert's guide).

Borg XII Deflector and Borg XII Engine, Elite Fleet Covariant/Resilient shields. (Borg 2pc set bonus gives passive heals to your hull, as well as a % chance too. Elite shields are very tough.)

At least 2 SIF Generator Mk XII Blue and 1 Neutronium Mk XII Blue, or better

Borg module, KCB, Omega torpedo launcher

All Human boffs (leadership still matters, albeit not as much as it used to)

BOFF abilities: Aux2SIF III, ExtSh, HE, TSS, ET, EPtS, RSP, TT, APD. Run more than one copy of HE and TSS if possible.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.