Lt. Commander
5 minutes? 10 minutes? more? just wondering since I've been sitting here for about 10 min and there's no status bar...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
5 minutes? 10 minutes? more? just wondering since I've been sitting here for about 10 min and there's no status bar...
It depends on how must strain the server is under. ATM there are probably a few thousand players connecting.

What you could do, is relaunch the launcher, and click the options in the top left corner. Choose one of the proxy servers listed there and see if that helps you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi,

Do you mean that you have completely downloaded the client and then installed it, and after that double clicked on the icon to launch? If you are logged in I believe the program will start patching.

For myself it had to download an extra 172MB this morning for the patch, and that took about 2 to 3 minutes at most.

If you are hung at that time, can you make sure that you are able to connect to the Internet with the program and that it is not currently blocked by a firewall?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
It depends on how must strain the server is under. ATM there are probably a few thousand players connecting.

What you could do, is relaunch the launcher, and click the options in the top left corner. Choose one of the proxy servers listed there and see if that helps you.
Except that I haven't even seen the launcher yet...it just goes straight to the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Somewhere around 5 minutes max (maybe 10 on satellite or something). Anything beyond that probably means you can't get a connection to the patch server. Check that your firewall isn't doing any outbound blocking.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHawk
Hi,

Do you mean that you have completely downloaded the client and then installed it, and after that double clicked on the icon to launch? If you are logged in I believe the program will start patching.

For myself it had to download an extra 172MB this morning for the patch, and that took about 2 to 3 minutes at most.

If you are hung at that time, can you make sure that you are able to connect to the Internet with the program and that it is not currently blocked by a firewall?
I really wish it had a status bar so I could tell you something useful about speeds and such therefore I don't know anything about how much or how fast I'm downloading.

As for this problem, whenever I click to start up the client (after downloading), it takes me straight to this autoupdater. I downloaded from here:

http://games.on.net/file/31515/Star_...ient_v20091228
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Somewhere around 5 minutes max (maybe 10 on satellite or something). Anything beyond that probably means you can't get a connection to the patch server. Check that your firewall isn't doing any outbound blocking.
I have created an exception for the Cryptic Game Launcher via Windows Firewall...any suggestion to see if its working?

I have also found the advanced Outbound instructions...have no idea how to check for outbound blocking though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Just started it up again running as an administrator...let's see how it goes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Still the same box.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
Still the same box.
Try disbaling the firewall and runnign the launcher. See if that works. IF it does, you know its a firewall issue, if it doesnt, you can switch the firewall back on.