Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lieutenant
How about the ability to buy additional transporter effects from the c-store. This would replace the default faction transporter effect you and your away team uses with others in the Trek universe - Cardassian, TOS era, Borg, etc. It's just a vanity item but I bet a lot of people would buy them!
Captain
# 2
04-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthian1701 View Post
How about the ability to buy additional transporter effects from the c-store. This would replace the default faction transporter effect you and your away team uses with others in the Trek universe - Cardassian, TOS era, Borg, etc. It's just a vanity item but I bet a lot of people would buy them!
LOVE IT! I'd buy it! TOS, or even Pilot TOS effects!

I'd like to see them improve the effects, in general, so that it doesn't look like your character's features are being removed piece by piece...
What's Star Trek Online without Exploration? Star Wars! (War zones and STFs)
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Lieutenant
# 3
04-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
LOVE IT! I'd buy it! TOS, or even Pilot TOS effects!

I'd like to see them improve the effects, in general, so that it doesn't look like your character's features are being removed piece by piece...
I always wondered why my hair transported before the rest of me

But yea, I bet the TOS visual and sound effects would be an especially popular seller.
Captain
# 4
04-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I could definitely see the TOS transporter sound/effect being a popular purchase.

The only thing that bugs me about transporting currently is that if you have a non combat pet it doesn't beam out with you. It just stands there all alone when you leave. Someone should look into that. Horta abandonment is a serious issue.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 5
04-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Great idea! I'd love to be able to buy the TNG transporter effect.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
04-08-2013, 12:19 PM
I saw this idea way back, but then the F2P conversion happened and nothing since

It is a great idea and would probably sell very well
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I dunno, I don't want to see Feds and Klingons using Cardassian or Borg transporter FX..this game needs to retain some kind of dignity folks.
Captain
# 8
04-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I'll take the TOS movie effect version, please. That way I can talk and move during transport.
Career Officer
# 9
04-08-2013, 11:35 PM
+ 1

love it but this was brought up way back in S2
Community Moderator
# 10
04-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames81196 View Post
+ 1

love it but this was brought up way back in S2
Oh hell, this has been there since day one ANd it's still something that should be done.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.