Captain
# 21
02-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I've been considering purchasing a new ship or perhaps some other things. A sale would undoubtedly entice me off the fence.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
I was so sad when they didn't have a Christmas ship sale (I went wanting for Christmas lol). I wish they would have a service sale, there are a bunch of things I want to buy but it's hard to justify those prices =P. Now that I think about it, I wish they would have more sales more often. By that I mean either have general z-store wide sales when they do have a sale, or do specific items more often.

I get why they wait a long time for a sale, that way when the sale finally does come it's exciting and you want to pounce on it. Unfortunately, over the course of playing this game for well over a year now I've only been able to take advantage of a single ship sale. It's because the ship sales come and go without warnings and they usually only last a weekend. It really sucks when you miss a sale for something you wanted. It's like oh well, there's always next year lol.

I often think about how often Steam has its sales and how often the Steamrunner has been on sale. Kind of wish I could buy all my stuff on Steam .
Republic Veteran
# 23
02-24-2013, 05:32 PM
What good are thier sales when its for feds anyway. and once and blue moon kdf sale. But some sales would be good.
Captain
# 24
02-24-2013, 05:35 PM
I been building up my zen for a ship sale. There is a couple of ships I want. And with a sale I can get a better deal and chance for more ships. Depending on the reduction of price. Granted the newest ships won't be on it. But the others I have a few in mind already.

Excelsior Refit
Galaxy Refit
Defiant Refit
Vesta Tactical
Andorian Tactical

Just to name a few.
Career Officer
# 25
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
With exception of the bundles or T5 starships, most consoles aren't bound to the starship builds that they come with. I'm curious how many player's would perceive a ship sale as an opportunity to snag special consoles on the cheap? Not caring so much about using the starships at all.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 26
02-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I'd be interested if they released a ship bundle that I wanted to use.
Captain
# 27
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
With exception of the bundles or T5 starships, most consoles aren't bound to the starship builds that they come with. I'm curious how many player's would perceive a ship sale as an opportunity to snag special consoles on the cheap? Not caring so much about using the starships at all.
I tend to use the ships I buy. Next sale they have. To me its a good chance to get a few ships I been wanting.

My Engineer needs a more Eng. based ship. This is where the Excelsior or Galaxy comes in. Since I don't have one more Eng. based. So that will help on that option.

As for my Tact. I saw what "free" ships they offer. I was not pleased. So I'm really going to make use of the Defiant Refit. Later the Vesta tact. or Andorian.
Career Officer
# 28
02-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
At this point, I am more interested in a sale of ship modules...
Well the generic +15% Zen sales help with that and everything else. Zen Sales don't get you quite the savings of a 20% off specific item sales, but they're near specific item sales.
Career Officer
# 29
02-24-2013, 06:31 PM
During the last ship sale I bought the Odyssey pack, Bortasqu' pack, Armitage, Sao Paulo and Bellapharon.

As soon as there is a ship sale I will buy an Atrox, the Vesta pack, the Regent, probably the Garumba for my KDF tac, and maybe a few more lower-tier ships for some consoles I'm missing.

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 30
02-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Only if it includes a Fleet Galaxy-X.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.