Captain
# 31
02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
The last few sales were ship sales. I'd like to see a general sale. Or a services sale. I want to buy a bunch of inventory, boff, ship, and doff slots for my characters!
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 32
02-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
The last few sales were ship sales. I'd like to see a general sale. Or a services sale. I want to buy a bunch of inventory, boff, ship, and doff slots for my characters!
I think a month long z-store sale on all Items would be a fantastic Idea - like if it lasted all of March - that would eat up a large chunk of the space before Dan said they would be giving more detailed news about the May update.

A month long sale would give people lots of time to save up and get stuff all month long which would keep people busy through April even after tha sale ended - playing with their new toys.
Career Officer
# 33
02-24-2013, 11:07 PM
If I remember right, I seem to recall some developers suggesting that Cryptic has little to no control over store sales. If you notice, since Perfect World took over, a lot of the store sales were replaced with sales on their karma-points which means that those who get a stipend are out of luck.

When there are store sales, they rarely conform to American holidays anymore and rarely is the entire store on sale.

I have a feeling that the accountants at PWE are calling the shots on this.
Captain
# 34
02-25-2013, 02:01 AM
I joined up last year. I didn't see a ship sale until about June/July time period. So it could a few more months yet for it.

I hope there is another Uniform sale as well. As that is on my next purchases other than the ships I been wanting.
Captain
# 35
02-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Last year we also got an Anniversary sale, 20% off everything (I think, might've been 15%. It's documented in the wiki).

I was really hoping for that one.

Now? Maybe tomorrow. After the launch of the Vesta there was a sale a week later (you can search for the announcements and crossreference the dates )
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-25-2013, 03:04 AM
I have been saving for the Regent and to be honest, Im reluctant to buy it because Im waiting on a ship sale.

Additionally, I'd be all over the Oddy pack if it was just 2500 zen. I want that pack more than the Regent but its too damn pricey.
Captain
# 37
02-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
If I remember right, I seem to recall some developers suggesting that Cryptic has little to no control over store sales. If you notice, since Perfect World took over, a lot of the store sales were replaced with sales on their karma-points which means that those who get a stipend are out of luck.

When there are store sales, they rarely conform to American holidays anymore and rarely is the entire store on sale.

I have a feeling that the accountants at PWE are calling the shots on this.
Hope that is not right - a month long "March Madness" sale is just what they need right now to carry through the downtime before more news on the May update. I think their are a lot of people sitting on the fence waiting.
Commander
# 38
02-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Ship sales are bad; they make you go blind<----almost a real fact
Community Moderator
# 39
02-25-2013, 06:42 AM
Personally, I am impatiently waiting for a ship sale to buy a Vesta bundle. I've got about half the Zen I need.

I will not buy the bundle unless there's a sale, either on the ship itself or the Zen needed to buy it, or both. I will not spend Zen on anything else until I possess a Vesta bundle.

Traditionally, after they release a new C-Store ship a ship sale for the older ships happens. I'm not sure it's a hard-and-fast rule, but that's been the normal pattern. That's what I'm waiting for.

I've seen the pattern enough times, even after the PWE acquisition, to have a reasonable guess that I will be kicking myself very hard if I don't wait.

So I'm waiting. I don't need a Vesta. I merely want it. I have no burning incentive 2 get 1 nao!!! And I get to save my money while I'm waiting.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 40
02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskippa View Post
Ship sales are bad; they make you go blind<----almost a real fact
blind and crazy - last sale I bought 4 ships! Right now I have my eyes on 3 more!(technically 5 as I want the Vesta Pack)

Last edited by born2bwild1; 02-25-2013 at 06:46 AM.