Lieutenant
Most likely many more may have noticed this.

I have run over 60+ different elite STF-s for the last few days.
Every single one has rewarder ONE BNP.
I dont even get XII purple (rather some blue XI) and barely +15 extra marks.

It was supposed to be random bonus to BNP-s but since the last patch it seems to be broken - 60+ runs should yield at least a few purple or increased BNP rewards.

While at the same time a friend seems to get constantly 6/11 BNP and purples and gets rarely 1 and no purple.
Captain
# 2
02-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Random number generator is random.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-23-2013, 12:45 PM
ok.. another few days.. still nothing.

Random = random not 0.

If the damn RNG results 0 out of 100 its broken.

random woudl bmean that you get 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 extea not 0 or 11 (that seems to work only with soem people).

also 60 rep marks is for finishign elite - so as extra ether bnp or "level specific gear - which is XII" should drop - but nether do.
Career Officer
# 4
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
The random reward is either 0 extra Neural Processors, 5 or 10 (in addition to your guaranteed one) - since people still seem to be getting them, I guess you've just been unlucky
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 5
02-23-2013, 12:54 PM
The last few days I have been getting very rare MK XII gear in elite missions more often then usual. I had a teammate get a MK XII very rare Sword in a ground mission last night. Sometimes I go long stretches getting no very rare gear and then have some short stretches getting lots of very rare gear.
Captain
# 6
02-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qinnux View Post
ok.. another few days.. still nothing.

Random = random not 0.

If the damn RNG results 0 out of 100 its broken.

random woudl bmean that you get 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 extea not 0 or 11 (that seems to work only with soem people).

also 60 rep marks is for finishign elite - so as extra ether bnp or "level specific gear - which is XII" should drop - but nether do.
Just because you're getting a statistically unlikely result, doesn't mean the system is broken. Does it suck that you're not getting as much shiny **** as you would like? Yes. Is not getting your shiny **** by itself an indication that the RNG is broken? Not in the least.
Captain
# 7
02-23-2013, 08:13 PM
I've gotten around 5 STFs in the past week that gave 11 BNPs each (including one today). Several 115 Omega Mark and a couple in the 80-95 Omega Mark range. Also got a Mk XII [Acc]x3 Disruptor Turret this week too.

It feels very weird when I get a 1 BNP, 75 Mark, and a Mk XI blue vendor junk shield. Getting that for 60 runs must be infuriating, but unless there is a hidden LUK status somewhere in the code, it's not the game hating you, just a random convergence of sucky roll numbers.
Captain
# 8
02-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Maybe the devs silently introduced damage based rewards like in SB24 etc to punish afk players. Personally i's welcome that change greatly.
Ensign
# 9 Nothing wrong with drops.
02-24-2013, 07:27 AM
The STF drops were changed with season 7 and gave people qqing about not getting Maco/Omega Gear a set Price. The drop rates are fine complaining you don't hit the Bonus/Very rare gear every 3 time you STF is why you have to grind for instead of it being a free Earned reward. That Not so good XII Gear that drops used to be your uber STF Gear. I just wish they would put it back in as Ultra Rare free drops (Lobi) (Max 2 or 3 per week for player base.

P. S. Lobi 1 or 2 Unreplicatable Meterials could be a 1 in 1000 reward for Story Episodes (think random Gear Box reward.

Make money but toss a carrot out once and a while.

Last edited by jhighfill; 02-24-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
02-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Maybe the devs silently introduced damage based rewards like in SB24 etc to punish afk players. Personally i's welcome that change greatly.
I'm not so sure that it's damage based tbh. At least, my tac toon tala often does the most damage and rarely, if ever gets more than 1 proc. In fact, my sci toon arbri has had at least 6 in almost every run she's been in so far. I think it may be to do with team healing rather than damage.
Then again, there have been oddities. Like Arbri getting 6 procs in a room full of well built tacs, each of whom got 11 procs...
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.