Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
This post assumes that they somehow are.

In this scenario, I'm thinking they allow the KDF to be your starting faction, add a tutorial that instantly levels you to lv 10 once done, up each individual mission rewards so that you level twice after each mission, and call it a day.

This will come at a price, and I think I know what it is. And further more why PWE has authorized Cryptic to spend time fixing the KDF.

They will drastically reduce the rewards from Marauding, and effectively remove contraband for all reward tables. Your only sources of contraband will only be from those missions that the Fed have access to get contraband.

(I'd use much bigger font if I were allowed to.)

This will, together with the change to remove PVP wrappers from the game as part of fixing PVP, cause the utter and total demise of dil farming, dropping it right down to CO levels where only dedication will get you to currency cap for 1 character only.

The price of zen will crash because dil sources dry up. Already, increasing requirements for pvp wrappers gave the market a 3 point hit, bouyed only by larger fleets doing speed pvp with the mass to complete a match fast.

Once that is cut down by PVP 'fixes' and KDF 'completion', we will be in a far worse place than we are now.

So, to recap, for all the 'benefits' Cryptic will 'give' us, they will drastically reduce the rewards from Marauding, remove pvp wrappers, and effectively remove contraband from all AFK-able reward tables.

I pray that I am wrong, but the signs are telling. Not to mention the fact that they sat with their hands close to their chest about axing the IOR fleet mark rewards for months just because they wanted to drum up positivity during the Anniversary sets a dangerous precedent for all future big nerfs we will all cry foul about. They could be looking at PVP and doffing, and thinking how to further reduce players abilities to farm currency 'willy-nilly', and we will be none the wiser instead of farming desperately for dry times ahead.

So, in the mean time, please stop saying PVP and KDF fixes will somehow save your game. I fear that we will only suffer for what some of us wish for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 03-02-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-02-2013, 07:13 AM
I understand where you are coming from...but to be honest, this perspective sort of offends me.

The KDF is NOT JUST a farming faction for dilithium.

To be blunt -- I would rather have a playable faction, with content, vessels, and gameplay comparable to the Federation, than to be a second-rate faction primarily used by Federation captains on alts to farm dilithium that goes straight to the exchange in return for Zen.

So...if the faction really is completed, complete with a full stable of fleet ships, content, and missions, and the price is the removal or reduction of our enhanced ability to farm dilithium..to me that is a fair trade.
Captain
# 3
03-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
I understand where you are coming from...but to be honest, this perspective sort of offends me.

The KDF is NOT JUST a farming faction for dilithium.

To be blunt -- I would rather have a playable faction, with content, vessels, and gameplay comparable to the Federation, than to be a second-rate faction primarily used by Federation captains on alts to farm dilithium that goes straight to the exchange in return for Zen.

So...if the faction really is completed, complete with a full stable of fleet ships, content, and missions, and the price is the removal or reduction of our enhanced ability to farm dilithium..to me that is a fair trade.
I also understand where you are coming from. I myself play both sides, as a Federation Section 31 operative, and his part-time accomplice (and full-time nemesis) -- an Orion Marauder, smuggler and slave mistress. I too would be happy if I could get the full KDF spread of ships that the Fed have in exchange for losing the power to dil-farm like all get out.

But as that takes much more effort than giving a token effort, call the KDF complete, and then use that as an excuse to kill off dil farming.

My fear is that it will end up with the Fed farmers crying foul for losing their source of dil, and the honorable warriors of the KDF baying blood for a half-assed result.

But I don't profess to have any proof of my theory, so I hope that is that. Just wanted to bring it up as food for thought, and maybe some discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-02-2013, 12:18 PM
ok, first off its only marginally easier to farm Dilithium KDF side. We have a few more way we can get it. No r which faction you are in there is only so much dilithium you can refine per day.

I can go dilithium farming on one of my fed toons and easily grind out 4 times the dilithium that I can refine per day even with my vet refining bonus. Doing it on my KDF toons takes less time because there are a hair more missions that reward dilithium, and my KDF get around the game universe just a little faster.

The KDF was not made a part of STO to sit as something you could EXPLOIT for its capabilities. You want Dilithium, a little easier to get a KDF.. but you still have to pretty much do the same things to pull it off. Want to get samples for crafting? Again much easier to do if your KDF. WHy? Duuu! LOOK AT THE MAP!..4 exploration zone boardaring on the KDF home sector block! We used to have a problem when crafting was hot of feds with diplomacy farming our explotion zones for data samples. It was more then a little annoying. Especially considering at the time that MARUDING didn't exist. We couldn't even force them to fight for the privelege.

This is why I consider the bulk of Fed players unthinking grubby little jerks who DON'T get Roddenberry, DON'T get Star Trek, and DON'T get the Federation. ANd I'm still unhappy with the comprimise the studio made as a solution.. Instead of making KDF exploration zone impassable to Fed players, they allowed KDF player to be able to enter fed exploration zones.. but we still couldn't enter Sirus sector yet.

If all your interested in is how easy it is to farm/grind certain items on the KDF side, I am honestly of the opinion that you need to have your KDF toons not only axed, but be banned from KDF play.

I see it as entirly unlikely that any KDF advantages in resourse gathering are going to be nerfed any time within the next year. More likely whats going to happen is Federation players will have opportunities provided that will make it easier for them to get more dilithium. Thats the way Cryptic has done things in the past for good or ill. they'll just get it done so the customers stop bothering them about it. It may not be nice, polite or politic to say, but it is the way it is. Better they do it that way, then actually try to fix things which is bound to simply make everyone unhappy.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 5
03-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
I can go dilithium farming on one of my fed toons and easily grind out 4 times the dilithium that I can refine per day even with my vet refining bonus. Doing it on my KDF toons takes less time because there are a hair more missions that reward dilithium, and my KDF get around the game universe just a little faster.
This.

The OPs scenario seems kinda far fetched, since they could just remove or reduce contraband at the snip of a finger the way they changed the contraband turn-in before or how they changed STF or IOR rewards and wouldn't have to go through the trouble of creating level 1-25 content.

Even if they were to reduce contraband production or remove the turn-in doff assignment completely, it would probably barely make a dent in Zen-Dil prices. Dilithium is currently available everywhere and the only thing that effects the exchange rate or keeps it stable is the 8k refinement cap. People would just invest a few minutes more each day and still hit the cap.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Is there any chance that we could stop getting Fed players coming in here to talk down at us about their completely off-base understanding of the KDF's problems and purposes are? Just because one of your dilithium farming alts is KDF doesn't mean that you actually have a handle on what the average KDF main has had to deal with for the past 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
This is why I consider the bulk of Fed players unthinking grubby little jerks who DON'T get Roddenberry, DON'T get Star Trek, and DON'T get the Federation.
The sheer number of people in this game that have apparently been watching the show on mute astounds me.
Ensign
# 7
03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Uh yeah.. if they remove the ability to farm dil and contraband on KDF I think I'll just quit the game all together. Being a space jew is the only thing keeping me in STO these days other than the ****ty RPers in Droz. I have played KDF for 3 years now and I've seen everything unique to go fed and now some ****heads are asking for frigates/raiders to be given to fed as well.
Captain
# 8
03-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaador View Post
Is there any chance that we could stop getting Fed players coming in here to talk down at us about their completely off-base understanding of the KDF's problems and purposes are? Just because one of your dilithium farming alts is KDF doesn't mean that you actually have a handle on what the average KDF main has had to deal with for the past 3 years.
Yeah it's a real puzzle box. No one but the true believers can comprehend it.
# 9
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Leveling a Klingon toon from 1 to 50 is not finishing this faction.You have to add more story line content to the game to finish it out,if you ask me. But, as this game gets older the less story content is put in the game. Also if I remember, Mr. Stahl made a comment about adding more storyline content for the Klingon faction before another faction would be started. But sadly all we get is more and more ships in game and they call it content. Everyone can rip this comment if they want to, but this how I feel about it.
Captain
# 10
03-02-2013, 11:37 PM
I doubt it. If the number of KDF players is truly as low as Cryptic says it is, leaving the rewards the way they are, and fleshing out the entire faction would be the best case scenario for both players and Cryptic.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.