Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 387
# 11
02-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I would be happy to see more ships (cough Fleet K'Tanco cough), but personally, I think the KDF is fine as it is. We have pretty much all the same end-game content anyway...and I certainly have no use for a bunch of low-level crap. We play KDF to skip that nonsense, we don't want MORE of it.
Throughout this forum, you seem to miss the point... YOU do not want to go thru the low lvl grind/missions... That is fine and I respect your opinion and understand where you are in the game... I think of bob the new player turning on the game from day one and having to drag a fed toon to lvl 20 so he can play a KDF... How many people KDF loose because they are already fed side and are like hell, why bother starting another toon while I have this lvl 20 fed...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,186
# 12
02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
Throughout this forum, you seem to miss the point... YOU do not want to go thru the low lvl grind/missions... That is fine and I respect your opinion and understand where you are in the game... I think of bob the new player turning on the game from day one and having to drag a fed toon to lvl 20 so he can play a KDF... How many people KDF loose because they are already fed side and are like hell, why bother starting another toon while I have this lvl 20 fed...
They don't realize that by playing the fed thru the first 20 levels they are learning the game with pretty decent gear, accumulating loot and EC that will be available for instant transfer to their new KDF toon as soon as they roll it. Their new toon will then have the means to re-equip without ever running a mission, equip his BOFFs as well as having a direct link into the fed crafting system.


It's not a complete loss.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,297
# 13
02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
We play KDF to skip that nonsense, we don't want MORE of it.
We do? Since when? Boy Free to Play's had a negative impact on the playerbase, imo.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 14
02-27-2013, 05:42 PM
There is a video out there where someone asked Dan Stahl after the last interview if the KDF would see anything significant this year:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4


My philosophy about Cryptic and the KDF: "Unless it's on holodeck it's not happening!"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,346
# 15
02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
.......I would be a happy fan.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 35
# 16
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
My statement was more saying that I believe there are people out there, with money in their hands, ready to throw it at Cryptic if KDF is in a more polished state. I have been a player since day one of closed beta and first flight inside a closed box called Sirius sector block (closed beta testers will remember that day). But I did suspend my sub after all these failed released for KDF... I do not recall any other instances of a game development talking of such features for so long and saying "sorry, there is no cups in the kitchen, can't released KDF feature lambda" this time, it will be soon...

So, all I am saying, I will wait for May and see, no hopes or expectation... my money is on the sideline, ready to go in their pockets. Who else?
That's the problem. According to Cyrptic, there simply is not enough interest in KDF to warrant that. You and some of the others may say you`ll support the game with your wallets if they release KDF content, but when they do (at least as far as c-store ships go) they get penuts in return for it. In addition the KDF side is like 1/25 of the fed side. If they do KDF only content it`ll get unused by the VAST majority of the playerbase...

KDF content is great, but I`d much rather them continue to push out content both sides can use. Although I will agree that there needs to be something done about lvls 1-20. People need to be able to start at lvl 1 without playing fed...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 723
# 17
03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionlyth View Post
That's the problem. According to Cyrptic, there simply is not enough interest in KDF to warrant that. You and some of the others may say you`ll support the game with your wallets if they release KDF content, but when they do (at least as far as c-store ships go) they get penuts in return for it. In addition the KDF side is like 1/25 of the fed side. If they do KDF only content it`ll get unused by the VAST majority of the playerbase...

KDF content is great, but I`d much rather them continue to push out content both sides can use. Although I will agree that there needs to be something done about lvls 1-20. People need to be able to start at lvl 1 without playing fed...

Dude! Where do you get your numbers??? one twentyfith??


more like around 1/5 to 1/4 and thats the old numbers from before free to play!

Its more then that now... I understand you mean well.. had to look for it.. there is PLENTY of interest in the KDF faction..
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,346
# 18
03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionlyth View Post
That's the problem. According to Cyrptic, there simply is not enough interest in KDF to warrant that. You and some of the others may say you`ll support the game with your wallets if they release KDF content, but when they do (at least as far as c-store ships go) they get penuts in return for it. In addition the KDF side is like 1/25 of the fed side. If they do KDF only content it`ll get unused by the VAST majority of the playerbase...

KDF content is great, but I`d much rather them continue to push out content both sides can use. Although I will agree that there needs to be something done about lvls 1-20. People need to be able to start at lvl 1 without playing fed...
Its hard to sell any KDF content to a playerbase you chased off because you failed to make content for it when you had the playerbase numbers to support it.
Thats why KDF content has not sold in the past.

Thats the past though. The future of KDF is in a much better place now and we have never been only 1/25th of the playerbase. A completed KDF only adds to the game, a incomplete KDF will only continue to be an open sore in Cryptics side.

And it will not stop there. If they bring the RSE into STO in such a poor manner they will just have created another open sore.

Its in thier best interest to finish the KDF completely and start thd RSE correctly and stop hiding behind numbers that have never been proven and are supported by such logic as how many cosplay as thier favorite fandom in star trek conventions.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 128
# 19
03-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Count me as another who doesn't want to see more early game KDF content. I'd rather see late or end game KDF-specific content.

My reasoning - I would like more depth of experience to the faction, but I don't see that as the provenance of the level 1-20 toons. Levelling in STO is insanely fast, just crazy. I can get a toon to max (on the KDF side) in little more than 20-30 hours of play, and I'm going to spend way more than that playing late and end game content. Therefore, putting in new low-level content does a disservice to all the current KDF players unless we all roll up new toons - just make it late or end-game so we can all enjoy it.

There is an argument about new players... but it's a BS argument. If a player wants to play the KDF, they will as soon as they can. I did. Levelling is so fast that - no, there isn't any real investment in the Federation toon. Especially since as you get into the later levels and you start to figure out how the captain skills / bridge officer abilities work and so on, the first thing you want to do IS make a toon anyway!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 723
# 20
03-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Nothing BS about wanting to attract new players with a complete faction experience my man.

You might think oh something special for end game... why? Thats is going to happen anyway. Its in fact what we've been getting for the last year and a half. The addition of low level KDF content has absolutly NOTHING to do with the players allready here. They'll be more FE's, and more STF's will be added. Additonal rep system would eventually come in, and at some point a big rebuild of the whole PvP experience. That is ALL endgame content.

Fact is, if we go by what you say there is utterly no reason to even bother with any additional specific KDF content.

Well sir, that is NOT ACCEPTABLE. As a faction we need fresh new players, new blood, and so does the game. They will need to be indoctrinated and educated on being a part of the KDF faction. THATS is what that low level content is for. Give them story, and set the tone for thier experience.

You may not need it or want it, and I surely don't need it. I was playing Klingon better then 2 decades and then some before anyone ever considered a trek MMO.. Back when the IBM PC with the DOS operating system was the newest thing in consumer electronics, and the internet for the public didn't even exist yet. Just ARPNET and you better have access to a university. I did board games and minitures then. I've been with STO since before launch .

Forcing a new player have to continue to have to play a fed toon first and haviong KDF play is not acceptable. It is one of the main reason there are 4 fed players for every KDF player. I'm surprised there are as many KDF player as there is in some ways. I want to see persistant territorial PvP in the future and if we dont get this upgrade to a full faction in this game we can expect to see that ratio change for the worse as time goes on. Constantly fighting with ones back entirly to the wall is tiring. I've done it in an MMO and it doesn't take long before it get un fun.

PWI, the owner of cryptic is an asian company with a LOT of experience running PvP MMO play. If your not terribly familiar with asian MMO style faction based PvP be aware that it tends to strongly reward victory. Cryptic has experience with PvP play but IT IS ALL ARENA BASED! There is a tremendous difference between arena play and a persistant territorial WAR. Let me add that there are only a bare handfull of MMO's that actually do try to simulate war style play. EVE online is one of them, but due to thegames overall structure it tends to be self regulating, especially in thier sandbox style play, but be aware that in Eve, winning is very very lucrative... loosing is simply expensive and time consuming.

Hopefully you now know more then when you first posted. There is a much bigger picture then just the individual player here. There are long term goals for play in STO that were set years ago at this point which we are no closer to right now then when the game launched 3 years ago. Getting that starting content done for this faction is an important part of meeting those goals. The studio has the opportunity to move the game much closer to the achiving of those goals IF it fleshes out the KDF faction. There are no guarentee's, but the one thing you take as a given is without the additon and fleshing out of the KDF faction experience that chance of meeting those goals is so close to zip at to make in not even worth while to try.

I'm not going to let you sir step in here with what I consider an utterly selfish and narrow minded vision of what STO can be. I've spent 'nuff money on this game to be invested in it and I just will not let you do that without a hell of a fight. Players in MMO's tend to stay with the faction they start with.

SO drop that crap and get on the barge son. If we are ever going to have a persistant PvP WAR with the federation we are going to need more players then we have now, and the only way to get them is to have them START as KDF, and get all of thier traiing in how to play the game in faction. And frankly, if you don't get it, your in the wrong faction, and quite possibly playing the wrong MMO.

Khemaraa Iron Hand
Klingon Black Fleet
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 AM.