Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Empire Veteran
P.S. Cryptic, please forgive me for my Rage from before. I will understand any movement of this article.

Now, I am a totaly 100% Pro Gorn. All my KDFs are Gorn... except one Ferasan cause I wasnt gonna waste 6.5$ of a race (FYI Which was planned since launch) to just sit there. (Mostly 4 Gorn 1 Cat (KDF) and 1 FED Vulcan (lvl 8).

Anways.. I called you here to day to talk about somethign I know has been going on for almost 6 years... the Gorn planning to take revenge on the Empire. Now now... this might be so called complicated... but I belive this can be for bith FED's and KDF's enjoyment.

General Idea

For this to work, we will of course need the Gorn Homeworld: Gornar. Now, FYI, Gornar is a desert like planet.. temperatures near 100F all the time to keep the Gorn's cold-blooded nature so they may.. well live. The climate/terrain is simular to Vulcan but I would not reccomend you using the Vulcan template.. for im sure Gorn to have male lipra statues and have great temples the way Vulcans do.

Now continuing... with this have in mind that both factions can be on this conflict for the FEDs have thier contacts with the Gorn already and can maybe form an alliance with them. Remember the Gorn have great heads in Science.. they actually have something in common. The Empire however has a choice to go with or against it.

Features

With this, of course there is the question: Whats in it for me? Well for this certain thing.. I cant really say. Only ideas I have are weapons, RP, unquire items, and who knows what else. In the End, this is what I belive.

Weapons

The Gorn are vry intellegent when it comes to Science. Try to amke some clever ideas to go with the Gorn. Maybe "illegal weapons" like the NPC found at Qo'nos and Academy has.

*Idea Of Territoty Control

Now that will be a great idea with a Gorn rebellion. Think of it. Battling over territory like they did during the Gorn-Klingon Cold War from around 2889-2404! Now imagin that with the Gorn, KDF, and FED combined! *Remember, it all depends if you chose to side with the Gorn or not* And with who controls most territory may get something in return.

Gorn Adds (To Make People Want to Side With Gorn)

Now here, I am not asking you to do a faction, but something like a Reputaional feature, that you can only acsess if allied with the Gorn! And also take in mind if you leave the side of the Gorn, the trust must be made to get back (if you decide so) that you ahve to restart getting rep. I mean... you mistrust a faction, you got to regain it correct? And maybe with this, more you do for Gorn, you lose more for the KDF/FED (mostly KDF) Reputation. And like I said, weapons, maybe some rare and unquire ship consoles etc will make all the difference for who's side gets chosen.

Side Ideas For Gorn

This is more of a costume and trait choice for Gorn.

Moves:

I want to be able to throw rocks! I mean come on! For the Gorn, they dont just bite, they break structures and throw it at people! And thier claws.. they can rip you to shreds! Atleast make a buff in Hand-to-Hand Combat they make you bleed or something with scrathes from it. And lets not forget thier strenght. Im fine with it now but I belive it does need some tweeking.. since a Human Tact can take down a Gorn so easily (which should noyt be true) I mean Kirk almost died if it wasnt for that cannon!

Costume

I hate being the small Gorn... Im only 8"7' tall while I see Gorn nearly 12"!!! And lets not forget the musle! I see Gorn so big, it makes me wanan hide! Allow the playable Gorn to be bigger. I mean for a Gorn, 9" means you are at your prime! I dont wanna be a young adult Gorn... I wanan be a Gorn that will strike fear into the hearts of the enemys to the point they die by staring! (As in jsut make it so you can compare to Gorn NPCs like Holch and Raw'qi.

So Called Season 8 Pro KDF

I know you already "planned" S8 to help the Empire so I understand if this has to wait. Also I understand this isnt much to work on. I will love any additional ideas for this, related or comments about this idea. The Gorn have been supressed for way too long.... its time they take a stand. They arent just lizards to you, remember, they are smart, and you will never win in a melle fight against them... So I dont reccomend you get one mad.

Main Idea

Just to clear, this is not the 100% guildline to what you have to do. I would like to see this, but you dont have to and can do anything you want to this idea. I hope the best for you Cryptic.

As said before, please post any add-ons, ideas, or comments to this post. And may you have a great day.
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Empire Veteran
# 2
02-24-2013, 06:40 PM
one thing i can say is that there will be something happening to the gorn very soon.

a few years ago cryptic redid the species in hopes to have some sort of 'rebellion'.
That fell through because of lack of initiative.

Then, instead of defari, the Borg were suppose to invade Gorn.

But cryptic had another idea. That was suppose to be even better and implemented in S7. That fell through so it will happen this year.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
one thing i can say is that there will be something happening to the gorn very soon.

a few years ago cryptic redid the species in hopes to have some sort of 'rebellion'.
That fell through because of lack of initiative.

But cryptic had another idea. That was suppose to be even better and implemented in S7. That fell through so it will happen this year.
Thats good. I really like the Gorn. They are intereresting and cool!
It DOES Need Attention

Empire Veteran
# 4
02-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
Thats good. I really like the Gorn. They are intereresting and cool!
They 'had' some really big plans for the gorn. Most likely it will be watered down when we get it though but it sounded really good.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
They 'had' some really big plans for the gorn. Most likely it will be watered down when we get it though but it sounded really good.
That is why my signature carriers the Empire Faction linkl to show the mis-promises.. not nessicarily Gorn but still... they break much when it comes to red. But still I hope for the best.. but must see to belive.
It DOES Need Attention

Career Officer
# 6
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Please do it, Devs. In S9 or later or whenever, but please make this part of your long-term plan for the KDF and reps.

OP, you say we've been suppressed way too long - that's relative for a species that lives up to 500 years. Patience and pragmatism are ingrained traits among the Gorn.

I for one am quite content to bide my time as a respected General in the KDF, curry favors from the Great Houses, and slowly accumulate enough latinum to buy a planet of my own.

That said, if and when the Gorn uprising occurs, IKS Norgh'a'Qun will lead the charge against our Klingon puppetmasters!

"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Empire Veteran
# 7
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Please do it, Devs. In S9 or later or whenever, but please make this part of your long-term plan for the KDF and reps.

OP, you say we've been suppressed way too long - that's relative for a species that lives up to 500 years. Patience and pragmatism are ingrained traits among the Gorn.

I for one am quite content to bide my time as a respected General in the KDF, curry favors from the Great Houses, and slowly accumulate enough latinum to buy a planet of my own.

That said, if and when the Gorn uprising occurs, IKS Norgh'a'Qun will lead the charge against our Klingon puppetmasters!
You will NEVER! Fix my scarf! (I dont have one.. LOL)
It DOES Need Attention

Captain
# 8
02-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
What, really? I would have loved saving the Gorn! Leave the Deferi to the gaping Borg maw!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 9
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Personally, I'd believe an expansion into the Delta quadrant with territory control implemented would be good.

Justification: Proxy wars fought by Alpha Quadrant superpowers using the local players like Kazon and whatever else Voyager found in there.

And while KDF and Feds are playing chess, players have a choice of going after the Borg remnants or aiding a nascent superpower in the sector. Will you help them, or destroy them? Introduce Opposing Reputations - Liberated Borg VS Species 4747 (or whatever is better fitting) such that you can only choose 1 and get the benefits of that faction.

At the same time, both sides are being attacked by the Undine - Undine STFs and new Omega Force benefits. Continuation of the Undine story past the Dev tweet post!

It would be a good time to introduce the Raptor Knights (Romulan) wing of the Omegas, too. The New Romulan Commonwealth brings their knowledge of adapted borg technology to their field, resulting in Romulan versions of the STF space sets and ground sets, and new Adapted Omega sets based on the NRC sets for Fed and KDF. The Omega set would then be available to all 3 factions.

Gorn Rebellion sounds too much like "an internal affair" for the Feds to be involved directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.

Last edited by khayuung; 02-24-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
02-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Well... like always.. my posts or ideas go odwn the ddrain of the abbys of lost fourm posts...
It DOES Need Attention