Captain
So anyone else wish the combat schemes for space were like Star Trek: Legacy?

the single beam, photon/quantum reloading, controlling bursts of weapons etc.

and wishing that some of the ships from ST:Legacy were in STO?

Also, when DStahl said he would like to incorporate our garaged ships like our boffs, anyone else think of the ST:Legacy team control and such?
Captain
# 2
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Single beams& torpedoes yes. Everything else, very very no.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 3
02-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I shoulda mentioned it would work like shooter mode for ground but instead, for space.
Career Officer
# 4
02-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Not really. Ship to ship combat was not a strong point in Legacy, at least not for a Trek game. Really dislike the idea of single beam and torps too. I wish this was increased. Would be cool to watch a Galaxy cycle through its 20+ phaser banks.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast
Rihannsu
# 5
02-24-2013, 09:19 PM
It is extremely unlikely that you will ever see any Legacy, Armada, SFC, BC, SFB or FASA ships in STO. It's not CBS they have to deal with, but the producers/publishers of the other games.
Captain
# 6
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
It is extremely unlikely that you will ever see any Legacy, Armada, SFC, BC, SFB or FASA ships in STO. It's not CBS they have to deal with, but the producers/publishers of the other games.
actually In ST:Legacy, CBS Has a controlling interest in the ship designs, Behtesda and MadDoc worked on it no doubt, but both of those companies would not withhold the designs of the ships. a few of the ships no doubt are extremely out of date, but if anything, they'd be a much more welcome addition to the game and serve as great fillers.
Captain
# 7
02-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
Not really. Ship to ship combat was not a strong point in Legacy, at least not for a Trek game. Really dislike the idea of single beam and torps too. I wish this was increased. Would be cool to watch a Galaxy cycle through its 20+ phaser banks.
ship to ship combat was the only point in legacy...in fact it did it well enough.
Captain
# 8
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
ship to ship combat was the only point in legacy...in fact it did it well enough.
No... it really didnt. Using an engine similar to the Armada II engine was a horrible idea for controlling ships...
Rihannsu
# 9
02-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Yell and complain to this guy right here. He's also the 'No T5 tos Connie' guy.

https://twitter.com/jvancitters
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
02-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

I hear that. Especially if it would be like the PC version of Legacy where you press a command and rolled the dice as to whether or not anything would happen.