Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Survivor of Romulus
A local store has STO boxed copies (I know right? crazy hehe) and I was curious what imputing the code into my account would wield me. Does it just give the in-game items and perks that it says on the box? Does it give a month of something? Any info would be great.
Community Moderator
# 2
02-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidage View Post
A local store has STO boxed copies (I know right? crazy hehe) and I was curious what imputing the code into my account would wield me. Does it just give the in-game items and perks that it says on the box? Does it give a month of something? Any info would be great.
The items and perks, and one month of "gold" access:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fr...eatures-matrix
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Community Moderator
# 3
02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Actually, I take that back; I seem to recall something about that having been changed so that the free month only applies to new accounts, not existing ones. Don't have a link handy though.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 4
02-26-2013, 09:35 AM
If you can snag the Collector's Edition for around $15-20, do so. It comes with the Red Matter Capacitor which is one of the most universally useful things in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
If you can snag the Collector's Edition for around $15-20, do so. It comes with the Red Matter Capacitor which is one of the most universally useful things in the game.
I confirmed that...you should still be able to grab all the extra goodies associatted with that key code....either from target or amazon.
[
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
what does the red matter do?
Rihannsu
# 7
02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
what does the red matter do?
Its an emergency power to everything button.

http://www.stowiki.org/Red_Matter_Capacitor
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Rihannsu
# 8
02-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Actually, I take that back; I seem to recall something about that having been changed so that the free month only applies to new accounts, not existing ones. Don't have a link handy though.
Not entirely true.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Using that code would trigger a TPAE (Timeline Preservation Anomaly Event) in which you would have to go back to 2011. Then you would have to stay in that timeline, in which STO is doing awesomely well and boxes, collector's editions, timecards and all sorts of swag is still produced.

You would also be given a one time option to return to your timeline of origin, and by doing so you would have no memories of your adventures in the other timeline once returned..

Captain
# 10
02-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Not entirely true.
Well done. You managed to say "you're wrong" without a) saying which bits are incorrect, or b) providing the correct information