Republic Veteran
# 1 An Idea for the Tier V Voyager
02-24-2013, 10:30 PM
While watching old episodes on Voyager I have come to realize that they built the Delta Flyer on her for a mission. I guess you can see where is going The Voyager ship needs the Delta Flyer. Maybe not on the Long Range Science Retrofit, but maybe put it on the Fleet Long Range Science Vessel. Just an idea that's all i am saying but it would be a hella nice thing to have with that tier 5 fleet ship.

V/R
Shaggy
Executive Officer Immortal League
Career Officer
# 2
02-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by os1shaggy View Post
While watching old episodes on Voyager I have come to realize that they built the Delta Flyer on her for a mission. I guess you can see where is going The Voyager ship needs the Delta Flyer. Maybe not on the Long Range Science Retrofit, but maybe put it on the Fleet Long Range Science Vessel. Just an idea that's all i am saying but it would be a hella nice thing to have with that tier 5 fleet ship.

V/R
Shaggy
Executive Officer Immortal League
There was also a small starship built into the ventral primary hull that never got any screen time.

But Cryptic has not given any of the fleet ships consoles or special abilities as far as I know. They just get a costume, an extra console slot, and some slightly buffed stats.
Commander
# 3
02-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
There was also a small starship built into the ventral primary hull that never got any screen time.
Wasn't that the captain's yacht? I think the canon reason for it not being used was that it wasn't finished; Voyager was launched early to deal with the Maquis, and they weren't considered to need a captain's yacht for that mission.

The argument of whether more ships should have shuttles by default has come up a few times though, as many cruisers have some kind of visible shuttle bay. This is mostly covered by the boarding party ability though, which uses a ship's standard shuttles.

There is certainly a case to made for giving the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit a unique hangar for a single shuttle, which might be a nice thing to see in general; some ships having single-craft hangars that can only launch a single small craft, so they're not nearly as powerful as a full hangar slot, but still handy.
Career Officer
# 4
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
Wasn't that the captain's yacht? I think the canon reason for it not being used was that it wasn't finished; Voyager was launched early to deal with the Maquis, and they weren't considered to need a captain's yacht for that mission.

The argument of whether more ships should have shuttles by default has come up a few times though, as many cruisers have some kind of visible shuttle bay. This is mostly covered by the boarding party ability though, which uses a ship's standard shuttles.

There is certainly a case to made for giving the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit a unique hangar for a single shuttle, which might be a nice thing to see in general; some ships having single-craft hangars that can only launch a single small craft, so they're not nearly as powerful as a full hangar slot, but still handy.
There was no canon reason for it not being used. Other than the schematics and exterior shots of Voyager, it was never mentioned on the show. It was called the aeroshuttle , though it seems to have served essentially the same function as the Captain's yacht and I suspect it was not shown being deployed on screen for similar reasons that the Galaxy-class yacht was never used, which I think was mainly budget.

Anyway, the producers did come up with a CGI model for it and I think it would be interesting to see it as a small craft, maybe as part of the Voyager bridge set somewhere down the road.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Aeroshuttle
Captain
# 5
02-26-2013, 03:12 AM
I have a better idea, fix science powers so they're useful in PvE then I might actually use the ship and not feel like I'm relegated to healer on bosses and useless most of the other times.

It is worth mentioning the LRSV-R is ace at PvP though just like all science vessels.
Commander
# 6 o.o
02-26-2013, 02:33 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 02-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Community Moderator
# 7
02-26-2013, 02:59 PM
You can buy the Delta Flyer (and other kinds of small craft) in the C-Store with Zen.

Or are you asking for a hangar deck fighter based on the Delta Flyer and suggesting they need to put a hangar deck on the LRSV-R?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Republic Veteran
# 8
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
You can buy the Delta Flyer (and other kinds of small craft) in the C-Store with Zen.

Or are you asking for a hangar deck fighter based on the Delta Flyer and suggesting they need to put a hangar deck on the LRSV-R?
Yes I'm asking them to put a hanger on the FLRSV-R.