Empire Veteran
# 11
02-25-2013, 12:08 AM
If you want, you can also feel free to make a thread posting your build, to make sure you're generally up to date and everything.

Commander
# 12
02-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillard1959 View Post
Thank you. Does the Romulan Plasma Arrays benefit from the Assimilated Set? Or should I start looking toward getting the Romulan Engines, Deflector, Etc.?
The Romulan deflector/engine/shield set is pretty bad, I would avoid it. The deflector doesn't really boost any useful stats and the 2 piece set bonus is awful.

The Romulan plasma weapons are nice because they include the disruptor proc and you get to choose whatever modifiers you want. There's also a boost to plasma damage from having 2 pieces of the Romulan weapon/console set and you can further boost plasma damage with some science consoles that are unlocked through a fleet's embassy projects.
Career Officer
# 13
02-25-2013, 12:20 AM
I switched to Plasma weapons for that reason but keep the Antiprotons and Temporal Warfare set nearby in case... just in case.
Ensign
# 14
02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
If you want, you can also feel free to make a thread posting your build, to make sure you're generally up to date and everything.
Well, I'm using a variation of the Dragon build in a Heavy Cruiser Retrofit. I'm running Neutronium Alloy Mk Xi (x2), EPS Flow Regulators Mk XI (x2), Shiled Emitter Amplifier Mk XI (x2), Borg Asimmilated Module, and I'll need to get two tactical consoles for my plasma weapons. All those are Rare (blue).

For Engines/Deflectors/Shields I'm running the Assimilated Borg Technology set Mk XI. So far, I'm pretty happy with that setup. Set my power setting to Attack and I found I have decent survivability and decent DPS for what I'm running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
The Romulan deflector/engine/shield set is pretty bad, I would avoid it. The deflector doesn't really boost any useful stats and the 2 piece set bonus is awful.

The Romulan plasma weapons are nice because they include the disruptor proc and you get to choose whatever modifiers you want. There's also a boost to plasma damage from having 2 pieces of the Romulan weapon/console set and you can further boost plasma damage with some science consoles that are unlocked through a fleet's embassy projects.
Well, it'll be a while before I can get those. We're a small fleet, so we're not as far as others in our fleet projects.