Lt. Commander
# 11
08-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Jack, thank you for the show, we all learned a great deal and appreciate all you are doing for us!
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-10-2008, 09:12 PM
It's interesting that there'll be a break from levels for this game (at least in the traditional sense).

Romulan faction later? Cool, I can wait. But I certainly hope I can make a Romulan Star Fleet officer, mind you

Holographic bridge crew? Could they be more permanent, like the EMH Doctor in Star Trek: Voyager, or just temporary replacements for key bridge crew positions?

Answers can lead to more questions.... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilco
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a pretty big assumption.

He said it will be released in under 3 years, and he mentioned that the time frame of the game will be 2409, and they will be releasing periodic updates 1 year at a time each month to fill us in on the storyline starting with 2380-2381. So doing the math we're looking at about 28-30 months before we see a release.
I don't exactly remember him saying 1 per month, so it could be 2 a month or 1 every couple of months. No real way to tell. I do recall him saying something about April in there regarding CO, and it sounds like it will be sometime after CO is released, so who knows. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-10-2008, 09:51 PM
nice to see jack lost lots of weight.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
An informative video. Many thanks for it! Mr Nimoy looked bloomin good for his age I have to say.
Lt. Commander
i like the how your seting up the game but lots of pepole want players has there crew and not npcs!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
i can't believe i missed the live podcast at work because the darn iphone won't play flash content!!! *throws the phone out the balcony*
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I think the segment was quite informative for a game they just started to work on. Emmert seems like a man on a mission: To provide a quality game that will lock in first time MMO gamers and MMO vets.

I had commented on the trailer thread before this, and I noticed so many bashing it... It's really sad to see that happening this early. CERTAINLY what we saw wasn't a finished product and many more things need to be resolved before a release. Nevertheless, it's my opinion that - ((considering the time frame since they acquired the IP)) - Cryptic's team has done a fantastic job thus far.

In my opinion, I would much rather play a game that I can ENJOY and sacrifice some graphics than have a visually stimulating game that offers me nothing more.

I wish Emmert would have spoken a little more about Teams... how can we play along side one another? Will we ever have the opportunity to jump on each other's ship and take the place of the "Pets"?

That's something I'd like to see. Clearly, you can't depend on everyone to be on at the same time; but, sometimes you come across a moment when all your friends are online. I think it'd be fun if we can jump on someone's ship and act as Tactical officer... Or medic... or engineer... Not just play these roles on the surface of planets.

It would also be nice to see them integrate something along the lines of The Matrix Online... where one could "Swap" between being Medic for Engineering. Take Picard... sure, he was a diplomat and an archeologist by specialty, but he also knew some science, engineering, and medicine. What if my Medic isn't online? Can I easily act as Medic for my team ((with some de-buffs of course--- since it's not my specialty)) or do I need to hunt one down on the server?

But, anywho... those are my two cents.... I'm very much looking forward to this game! If it's made w/ good intentions than we'll get quality material!
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I watched the presentation on webcase last night. Jack did a great job IMO and gave more information than I was expecting. I didn't hear anything mentioned about movement in space, like how long it would take to get from Earth to say, Bajor, unless of course that was mentioned during my bathroom break Other than that I think it was really good.

Gameplay footage looked great. I'm also pretty stoked about the periodical timeline updates that's planned. That's really going to help us players develop great concepts for our characters, knowing the history that's passed since Nemesis. Good job!
Lt. Commander
# 20 No Mac, No Brains
08-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Do let me know when you get bright enough to put it on the actual #1 Graphic machine in the industry. Til then, don't call me, I'll call you.

24 years a Mac Guru, 35 years a computer guru, 15 years suffering through PC's.