Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
# 91 Time to Vent
04-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Time after Time I see the same crap going on.....Enter an STF and their is someone that has 20 injuries and could care less ,or their is someone that is in there just to screw the optional up on others and why does it happen...because they know that we are a captured team with no choice but to take it on the chin or get a leaver penalty. This is B.S.
Yeah we can hold out 15 minutes then leave but why should we be the ones to have to leave. I say give us the Vote kick or remove the leaver penalty.Yes we could avoid it all and just make private matches but this is not always the option, Now PWE states that abusing the exploits in game is a no no but isn't what i just said people are doing in a way an exploit after all they know we can't do anything except report them ( like that ever gets anywhere) .I say let us revolt against these individuals and when you go into a map demand they heal themselves or just stand there for 15 minutes then leave ,if enough people start doing this maybe they will listen. More likely i will get repremand for this post and nothing will happen.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 92
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsie7 View Post
Time after Time I see the same crap going on.....Enter an STF and their is someone that has 20 injuries and could care less ,or their is someone that is in there just to screw the optional up on others and why does it happen...because they know that we are a captured team with no choice but to take it on the chin or get a leaver penalty. This is B.S.
Yeah we can hold out 15 minutes then leave but why should we be the ones to have to leave. I say give us the Vote kick or remove the leaver penalty.Yes we could avoid it all and just make private matches but this is not always the option, Now PWE states that abusing the exploits in game is a no no but isn't what i just said people are doing in a way an exploit after all they know we can't do anything except report them ( like that ever gets anywhere) .I say let us revolt against these individuals and when you go into a map demand they heal themselves or just stand there for 15 minutes then leave ,if enough people start doing this maybe they will listen. More likely i will get repremand for this post and nothing will happen.
I understand your frustration as do everyone else on the forums - they have all experienced it to.

Too be honest I don't think it is a MAJOR problem - it happens to me maybe 1 out of every 10+ pugs - so that is either not too bad or I am just lucky.

I think that is why Cryptic does not do anything about it - on a pure numbers bases the % of time it happens is really low - It's just that people really remember the #$%#ed up ones and don't remember all the other ones that went fine and they went on their way.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 859
# 93
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Then they can reprimand me as well.

We need a vote to kick option. Sure some groups may abuse this to remove a poor player who is trying, but this would not happen nearly as often the crap people are currently pulling. Tired of going into an STF to see one or two and in one case three of the other members fly off to the far side of the map and just sit there.

I am with you on this.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 94
04-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Then they can reprimand me as well.

We need a vote to kick option. Sure some groups may abuse this to remove a poor player who is trying, but this would not happen nearly as often the crap people are currently pulling. Tired of going into an STF to see one or two and in one case three of the other members fly off to the far side of the map and just sit there.

I am with you on this.
I don't care to much about 1 afker - especially in ISE as it is so easy - 4 players can faceroll that stf.

what i hate is the guy who come in - flys right over and blows up one of the gens - spawning nanites - just to fail the optional and *&%&^ the other players.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,672
# 95
04-11-2013, 10:25 PM
There should be an acceptable sequence built into the mission so that any player not following it automatically becomes targetable to the other players.

The only way to stop exploiters is to spoil their fun.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
# 96
04-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I don't care to much about 1 afker - especially in ISE as it is so easy - 4 players can faceroll that stf.

what i hate is the guy who come in - flys right over and blows up one of the gens - spawning nanites - just to fail the optional and *&%&^ the other players.
The point is that we should not have to deal with even 1 player being a douche bag! This is why we should either get the vote to kick feature or to just remove the penalty completely and personally i think that the vote to kick would be best after all if the ban is in place and you kick a player they should get the 1 hour ban. If you think about it most will think twice about screwing with the team if they can get voted out and receive a ban at the sane time.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 35
# 97
04-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I'd love to kick some people too, but usually it's the little despots that think they know more than anyone else running an STF, or playing this game for that matter. Anyone can have a bad run, and I'm certain people like *that* would abuse their little author-i-tie to kick the poor schmo who just got derped because they'd THINK they didn't know what they were doing or had a weak build, or whatever excuse they could come up with to just to push the shiny red "kick" button. IMO, if you want to avoid issues in pugs, just run with people you know & can trust in a private group. One of them may have a bad run, but if they mess around on purpose or don't pull theiir weight, then that's easy to solve. Don't give them another invite. But adding a kick option is just aking for more problems of a different nature.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 98
04-11-2013, 11:09 PM
If you people scream and throw fits and tantrums, nerd raging at the top of your lungs for weeks on end at the "general consensus 24 hr chat ban" that can happen if enough ppl get sick of hearing your fleet spam.... I can ONLY IMAGINE what you would do if you got your wish with this "vote to kick from STF" option. Lol this idea makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it.



Yeah, that's right.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 405
# 99
04-11-2013, 11:17 PM
I'd like to see vote kick, but only if it's unanimous, obviously with the person who's up for a kick being unable to vote on him/herself. That makes it very, very hard to abuse.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,901
# 100
04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
When it comes to STFs and Admiral-Level Events, it should not allow people in when they:

1) Have any Damage or Injuries

2) They are in a Shuttlecraft (unless it's a Shuttle Event)

3) It won't allow anyone with a ship below Tier 5. (So you don't have people flying around in Freighters, Miranda's, or Consitutions).




And yes, a vote to kick needs to be implemented. Cryptic worries about people abusing it, but I could imagine GMs having access to kick logs to see if they are being abused or not. Compared to moochers who can't get in trouble since they can claim AFK.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 PM.