Captain
# 101
04-12-2013, 12:47 AM
VOTE to kick- NO this will cause too much trouble. . . As how can anyone judge who is kick worthy and if this is put into place it MUST require a 4 to 5 vote and God help anyone who uses this when they want to kick anyone while I'm in a map as I won't kick people this option is totally immature for the fact it will be abused regardless of what people say.

Leaver penalty removal YES as this is the only fair was to stop people playing god with a kick option
Career Officer
# 102
04-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I hear these concerns, and i think they are a "non-issue" ...

Trolling? You'd have to end up in a full team of freinds/fleetmates, wich pretty much never happens in a pug.... And even so, it would still be a minority...

The only people I can see a kick function would be a problem for, are leeches, and the ones breaking missions on purpose.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^ nuff said

and think on this if it was going to be (((abused))) like most of you claim the forums would be in a Melt Down of ppl being reported spaming think on this before claiming abuse
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 04-12-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Lieutenant
# 103
04-12-2013, 02:21 AM
I used to be for this. Until I had a very bad Stf one day due to the door ringing, the phone ringing and the dog whining at the neighbors dogs. I was gone for 3 minutes tops and by then the 4 others ( who were part of the same fleet I might add) started ******** for the kick option. I am not a bad player, far from it, but it will be abused. and as such, so not be implemented. It'd be slightly better if being able to not pug via join teams was removed, but that'd cause issues. I have not seen many stf leechers. I see them in Mine trap often, but not an STf recently. so a kick feature would be used for the people who are not used to the content and such, or as my issue above was, tied up and not able to focus on 4-6 things.

a better option is to be able to use the ignore list to pug.

I've seen people moan over the optional being lost, and throwing out a fit. giving a kick option to these idiots is like giving a child control of the house budget.

It's an issue, but a kick button would never solve it and likely cause a decrease in player base.
as someone considering buying a lts because I like this game, and wish for it to stay around, I'd leave the second I heard a kick button was going to be added.
Career Officer
# 104
04-12-2013, 02:32 AM
don't forget thes same ppl can report you spaming and have you locked out of all chats for 24 hours or until you can get a GM to remove it and that's take hours but I don't see the forums in a melt down for being reported spaming do you?
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 105
04-12-2013, 05:54 AM
This needs to be built in more than a vote function;

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
When it comes to STFs and Admiral-Level Events, it should not allow people in when they:

1) Have any Damage or Injuries

2) They are in a Shuttlecraft (unless it's a Shuttle Event)

3) It won't allow anyone with a ship below Tier 5. (So you don't have people flying around in Freighters, Miranda's, or Consitutions).
However, I think this very unlikely;

Quote:
And yes, a vote to kick needs to be implemented. Cryptic worries about people abusing it, but I could imagine GMs having access to kick logs to see if they are being abused or not.
Paying someone to parse through kick logs is very unlikely to happen IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
I'd like to see vote kick, but only if it's unanimous, obviously with the person who's up for a kick being unable to vote on him/herself. That makes it very, very hard to abuse.
This is very, very easily abused. 4 griefers team up and start a queue. You come in as the 5th and they all vote to kick you. You're now banned for an hour from public queues. They rinse and repeat.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Rihannsu
# 106
04-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
VOTE to kick- NO this will cause too much trouble. . . As how can anyone judge who is kick worthy and if this is put into place it MUST require a 4 to 5 vote and God help anyone who uses this when they want to kick anyone while I'm in a map as I won't kick people this option is totally immature for the fact it will be abused regardless of what people say.

Leaver penalty removal YES as this is the only fair was to stop people playing god with a kick option
Deciding who is kick worthy is simple. If some one flys off and hides on the other side of the map, kick. If some one comes in, flys over and blows an optional on purpose or does not listen to team mates causing an optional to fail, kick.

Deciding who to kick is simple. Yes it may be abused every so often but no more so then how people currently abuse the system.

Yes it must be unanimous vote, with an option to abstain. The majority of the team wins. A 5 vote is silly, that would mean the person being voted against would get a vote to and if it has to be unanimous then they would never get kicked.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 107
04-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Deciding who to kick is simple. Yes it may be abused every so often but no more so then how people currently abuse the system.
You currently have the ability to fix this issue yourself too. Just don't PUG or team with people you don't know. Join a fleet, make friends and you'll never have an AKF'er or troll intentionally failing an optional again. There is no need for a vote system when you're able to control this yourself.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Career Officer
# 108
04-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
You currently have the ability to fix this issue yourself too. Just don't PUG or team with people you don't know. Join a fleet, make friends and you'll never have an AKF'er or troll intentionally failing an optional again. There is no need for a vote system when you're able to control this yourself.
In a perfect world you would be right but i know people that are in a fleet and yet when they are bored they pug the missions to f... with others. So here is a thought..Just how much trouble would it be to make it to not allow anyone with any injuries to be able to que into any mission thus elimanting the problem on injui=ries and as far as the ones that try to ruin the mission purposely put a vote kick in 3/5 and they get kicked it is fair and you can get all the origenal stf optionals with only 4 people anyway. The Vote kick is needed sorry but most that do not want this are the ones that abuse the system now.
Captain
# 109
04-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
That assumes that you can find such people despite the poor queue system, that your play schedules coincide decently well, that you don't end up with conflicting cooldowns, and that they don't drift away from the game. I have friends and am in a fleet and have seen all of those problems. Perhaps part of that is that it is a casual fleet, so we don't have as many highly active members as some (I don't think we've had more than a dozen people good enough to team up in the past year), but even at that it's still a problem.

You know, I rather like being able to help new players learn the game. I actually got my fleet invite because of my skill at doing that in one KAGN, and the fact is that the community needs people to do that. We can't be driving people away from playing with and helping strangers. There certainly are dangers with a vote to kick system, but I do think it's the best option available.
Career Officer
# 110
04-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
That assumes that you can find such people despite the poor queue system, that your play schedules coincide decently well, that you don't end up with conflicting cooldowns, and that they don't drift away from the game.
Do you team with people in PUGs that don't go AFK and aren't intentionally griefing? If yes, why not toss them a friend invite?