Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 228
# 11
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recks43 View Post
Youe are confusing the word "want" with the word "need".

I'm sure will survive until you can save up for a bug ship.
Did you miss the fact that there were only 4 of them being sold? We "need" a new supply of them.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
# 12
02-25-2013, 02:15 PM
There is nothing to fix, it is how it is supposed to be.
It is also not a surprise, if you would have read the info before buying you would have known.

U also do not need the JHAS, u are also not forced to use the JHAS.

U can use any ohter pet just like any other carrier can.

There is nothing broken.

If u want to get JHAS pet u need to get it just like other people got it. U are not entitled to it because you did not read before u bought.

Also this is a double thread.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,128
# 13
02-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
You're far too generous.

I can pretty much guarantee that the Bug will be available in another limited-time promotional event within the next 3 months. They laid groundwork to increase the demand for this promotional event preemptively. Buy our limited edition widget for a 1:10,000 chance to win a Bug! (Only 200 zen per widget)

Frankly I find this fixation on the Bug to be annoying. Such levels of enthusiasm and attention should be reserved for factional ships, not some staff person's personal love affair with a minor ship of a minor fashion.
I never gave a damn about the bug till they said it can be a hanger pet!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 14
02-25-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm going to assume that everybody saying "situation is fine, get over it" already owns a Bug and so they are unaffected.

(My initial theory was that they were people selling bugs and cackling evilly at the though of a giant 500M chunk of profit dropping in their lap, but there aren't enough of the silly things for sale to support this theory)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 15
02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
There is nothing to fix, it is how it is supposed to be.
It is also not a surprise, if you would have read the info before buying you would have known.

U also do not need the JHAS, u are also not forced to use the JHAS.

U can use any ohter pet just like any other carrier can.

There is nothing broken.

If u want to get JHAS pet u need to get it just like other people got it. U are not entitled to it because you did not read before u bought.

Also this is a double thread.
I figured that I should correct the misinformation that you keep offering up in this thread has well.

You can use any Fighter Class Hanger craft from the other Carriers provided that you own the Carriers that they were made for except the Recluse nothing else can use its fighters.

You also cannot use the Stalker Fighters.

I also believe that this thread was not merged with the other thread because that would require acknowledging that the other Thread exists
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 129
# 16
02-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
There is nothing to fix, it is how it is supposed to be.
It is also not a surprise, if you would have read the info before buying you would have known.

U also do not need the JHAS, u are also not forced to use the JHAS.

U can use any ohter pet just like any other carrier can.

There is nothing broken.

If u want to get JHAS pet u need to get it just like other people got it. U are not entitled to it because you did not read before u bought.

Also this is a double thread.
It is not broken.

It is , however, a stupid decision from a business and customer service. It lowers the value of the carrier and ,as such, there's no real reason to bother acquiring it over other ships.

Because of this choice, there are people (like myself) who plan to buy no more zen and spend no more money on the C-store until it's rectified.

If you feel that's entitlement, then you should consult a dictionary.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 338
# 17
02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
The bug ship will almost certainly return. Don't whine about the price and supply, or the extra perk available to owners, start saving fast! If you miss it this time around it'll probably return by the end of the year, if last year was any indication.

I don't have a bug ship, but there are ways to earn and save EC. That's how I got my 6 lockbox ships and counting...off the exchange, not by opening boxes. When the bug ship returns, the exchange price will probably drop to 160-200 million EC at some point during its availability. That's still a lot of EC, but not...3,000 USD worth as the original poster suggested. (frankly, there's nothing in the game that costs that much, even now).

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 18
02-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theindefatigable View Post
The bug ship will almost certainly return. Don't whine about the price and supply, or the extra perk available to owners, start saving fast!

No. Tell Cryptic to cease their outrageously exploitive, player-hating BS by not getting a Bug. If you tell them it's okay to play these games, they will play them over and over and over.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 960
# 19
02-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savnoka View Post
It is not broken.

It is , however, a stupid decision from a business and customer service. It lowers the value of the carrier and ,as such, there's no real reason to bother acquiring it over other ships.
The problem here is that you're assuming the ONLY reason to buy a Jammie Dread is the ability to use Bugs as Hangar Pets. Have you ever considered for the briefest moment that people might want the Jammie Dread on its OWN merits as a carrier? It's like the folks that complain about the Chimera "costing $300" when they ignore everything else an LTS gets them. It's like buying a sports car and declaring that "$200,000 for red brake calipers = RIP-OFF!!!"

I don't own one and can't speak to how cool or lame the default pets for it are (putting aside the fact that you can use whatever OTHER pets are compatible), but as far as I've read the Jammie Dread is far from a one-trick pony.

The Bug Pet gimmick is a BONUS, nothing more. It's there to increase the value of the carrier in the eyes of Bug owners, and to increase the value of the Bug in the eyes of Bug-lusters.

If that's not enough for you, well...that's the way the Ketracel crumbles.

TL;DR I'm not telling you what you should value when you buy your ships, but if you specifically choose to ignore the forest for the trees, that's not Cryptic's fault.

Last edited by unangbangkay; 02-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 20
02-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
The Bug Pet gimmick is a BONUS, nothing more. It's there to increase the value of the carrier in the eyes of Bug owners, and to increase the value of the Bug in the eyes of Bug-lusters.

If this were a bundle in the Z-store where each ship had a fair price and they were easy to buy, and there was a bonus for having both of them, I would consider your argument valid.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 PM.