Starfleet Veteran
# 21
02-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
OK, I can confirm the re-checks. The dialog prompt I thought worked across the map was actually just a duplicate dialog I had placed there weeks ago. I wasn't able to tell the difference without looking really hard at it. Sorry for the confusion.

The possibility is definitely there though if they would just open up the other options on the triggers.
Don't toy with me like that. My heart nearly skipped a beat at the thought that this might actually be possible.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 22
02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm taking a break from STO at the moment, but there are seven missions I rotate between when I feel like Founding.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 23
02-25-2013, 06:30 PM
I've been very casually working on two things.

1. I'm fixing my diplomatic missions so that they can't be "zoomed" though in 9 minutes for 1440 dilithium. I'm setting up invisible walls that drop with distant mob timers set on patrols. So far, it seems to work very nicely. I have "The Needs of the Few" withdrawn until I can make it work similar.

2. I'm working on a sequel to my first mission, "The Return to Terra Nova." I have all the sets built, so I've been just sitting on them, trying to brainstorm the story. It's going to take me months to finish it, even with the sets built.
Commander
# 24
02-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm working on finishing up Breaking the Bottle, (adding more dialogue and clearing up some of the mess I made whilst originally making it) and also working on my Investigations series, more on that soon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
02-26-2013, 12:50 AM
I actually have two projects on my plate.

1.) A Halloween mission. Seven months in advance? yes, because at the end of it I want people to have to turn on their room lights. I have triggers, and snippits of dialoge ready to go but I haven't started any of the maps. I'm working toward creepy, phsycological thriller more than just a scary story. Bonie-kin, eat your heart out.

2.) Inspiration came after a documentary on Rome, how the modern city is built upon the older which is built upon the older. I'm working to make the setting impressive (especially the maintenance level) and the story element to be choice driven. Sort of the dirty side of the future. I'm trying some experiments so that, although you'll have the same objectives, your paths to get there will be differant.

Oh yea, next Christmas I have a phenominal idea of what to do too.

Last edited by gammadelta2; 02-26-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 26
02-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I wanted to start a thread about any projects that Foundry authors are working on, what they're learning, and what issues they're running into as a way to inspire and inform.

So the question is, "What are you working on right now?"
My Foundry Project is the Klach D'Kel Brakt, the famous battle that Kor lead between TOS and TMP. And I've been working on this since Day 1 of the Foundry going live.

Quote:
Did you learn how to do something cool in the Foundry while you were working on it?
I learned plenty of tricks by myself by experimenting, like creating automatic doors (before they added the Federation Doors to the Foundry). And used that trick on my first published mission for the UGC Podcast contest for a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship back when lockboxes went live. Got many props for that little trick.

But also learned some valueable tricks that was mentioned on the Podcasts and playing the more famous missions. Which came in handy in unlocking further potential. For example Alimac's Shuttlebay made me realize that I could do a custom interior map that I originally wanted to do and abandoned using the Cryptic map (that was giving me headaches with glitches). And at the same time mentioning tricks on the podcasts like someone coming up with a branched ending gave me an idea that I wanted to do as well.

Quote:
Did you run into a problem with your project? Did you figure out a workaround?

Like mentioned above, I originally wanted to make a custom ship interior map, but couldn't due to Foundry limitations, but thanks to learning a trick that worked around that problem and now have an interior that will surely raise some eyebrows.

But most of the problems I ran into were with the foundry itself, like how the Foundry lost the ability to remember your Space and Ground settings, so transitioning during testing force you to rebind keys. And there are other Foundry quirks that I been hoping the Dev Team would fix, but it's been several months now and don't think it's going to happen since the STO Foundry has such a low priority.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Rihannsu
# 27
02-26-2013, 02:11 AM
I'm working on Time the Enemy Part 3. Time the Enemy was my KDF spotlight mission and it and part 2 have some fans that keep asking me where part 3 is, so I'm trying to get it done, however, it is singlehandedly the biggest mission I have ever built.

I recently exploited a bug that allowed me to put Ensign Helna in the Orion bikini, so I've updated To Helna and Back to use that. I'm going to have to get that mission a major overhaul when I'm done with Time the Traitor.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Captain
# 28
02-26-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
I'm working on Time the Enemy Part 3. Time the Enemy was my KDF spotlight mission and it and part 2 have some fans that keep asking me where part 3 is, so I'm trying to get it done, however, it is singlehandedly the biggest mission I have ever built.

I recently exploited a bug that allowed me to put Ensign Helna in the Orion bikini, so I've updated To Helna and Back to use that. I'm going to have to get that mission a major overhaul when I'm done with Time the Traitor.
I would be interested in that kind of exploit. How did you do it?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 29
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
At the request of many who played my entire Spawn of Medusa series, I am creating a follow-up mission. I left an opening in my final episode to use if the series fared well, so it's giving me the opportunity to revive the villian in the series.

Will be titled either Revenge of Medusa or Medusa's Revenge. Any Recommendations on which to use?

DoR
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
02-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
My Foundry Project is the Klach D'Kel Brakt, the famous battle that Kor lead between TOS and TMP. And I've been working on this since Day 1 of the Foundry going live.
I think you had mentioned that once before when I happened to be working on the same thing. Mine is up now on the KDF side if you're interested. It's meant to be short and sweet and I built it start to finish in 24 hours, so yours will probably be better Can't wait to play it.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.