Community Moderator
# 31
02-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm working on too many things at once to actually get any of them done. I need to prioritize, now that I'm done polishing "Franklin Drake Must Die".

I'm working on:

Two sequels to FDMD.

A Federation mission loosely based on events from some of the Honor Harrington books.

A Klingon mission based on a TOS episode (idea that Kirkfat challenged me on one day, that I've never completed.)

A Klingon perspective to FDMD that's of better quality than the hunk of crap I previously published to that end, and have since withdrawn until I can do it right.

Planning for a story arc for Neverwinter that has given me some corresponding STO ideas; one inspired by the recent story arc on "Castle".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lieutenant
# 32
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Working on both part 2 and 3 of Crisis on Calypso been busy levelling etc so completly forgot about the missions for a few months but now currently cracking on with it, done a bit of polishing on the first mission (adding stuff to the 2nd to last map etc)
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34676144000&dateline=  1356220537
Career Officer
# 33
02-26-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm working on the last mission in my Gorn series. It has my first completely custom interior map. I'm having a bunch of BOff pathing problems at the moment, though. We shall see if I ever finish it.
Rihannsu
# 34
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
I would be interested in that kind of exploit. How did you do it?
It involves the new import/export costume feature, and the tab it has to allow you import pre-made NPCs. Look up the Alien Orion Slave girl while doing so. You'll find she's quite ... flexible. Pun intended.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Community Moderator
# 35
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendra3780 View Post
Edit: CaptPFDennis just checked and triggers don't work through maps, so it is status quo. Too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
OK, I can confirm the re-checks. The dialog prompt I thought worked across the map was actually just a duplicate dialog I had placed there weeks ago. I wasn't able to tell the difference without looking really hard at it. Sorry for the confusion.

The possibility is definitely there though if they would just open up the other options on the triggers.
Aw, nuts.

Oh, well. Maybe someday...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Community Moderator
# 36
02-26-2013, 02:12 PM
D'oh!

I just finished watching Kirkfat's tutorial on triggers and dialogue and realized I could be using invisible objects with default prompts instead of doing some of the other crazy things I'm trying to do in my mission...

I'm also belatedly realizing that I could be making more extensive use of default prompts in addition to mixing them with other dialog prompts.

I blame it on sleep deprivation.

One thing I'm still trying to work out how to set up. There is a point in the mission where the player should realize that there is a disguised bomb hidden in the room. I want the player to fiddle with the object, as if they are sticking their combadge on it, have them tell their ship to beam it out, and then have it disappear as if it is being beamed out. Then I want to trigger a camera shake as if the bomb went off somewhere else. At the moment stuff is happening out of sequence. And the other not so good part is that the "hidden" bomb is obvious once it gets the golden shimmer on it.

If you were trying to set something like that up, how would you do it?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 37
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post

One thing I'm still trying to work out how to set up. There is a point in the mission where the player should realize that there is a disguised bomb hidden in the room. I want the player to fiddle with the object, as if they are sticking their combadge on it, have them tell their ship to beam it out, and then have it disappear as if it is being beamed out. Then I want to trigger a camera shake as if the bomb went off somewhere else. At the moment stuff is happening out of sequence. And the other not so good part is that the "hidden" bomb is obvious once it gets the golden shimmer on it.

If you were trying to set something like that up, how would you do it?
-For the hidden bomb, use an invisible object as trigger instead of the bomb itself. Place it where the bomb is. The player will have to use it, but will not have the "fire" effect around.
Also, you may "hide it" amongst others "clickies" in the room. For example, the bomb is the plant. Use "Search the plant" for the "interact text" in the objective (while the objective being "find the bomb" for example). Then, add "Search the chair", "Search the table", and "Search the lamp" as others hidden object to use, but not objectives. The player will have 4things to use in the room, and will not know which one it is. You can add dialog trigger, fx, whatever, for each "wrong" trigger used by the player.

-For the camera shake, place the appropriate FX, then in states, select visible when objective is complete, and select the "fuind the bomb" objective. Once the objective is complete, the screen will shake.

-For the player doing something when interacting, go to the objective, and select animation. Choose the appropriate animation and lenght. While interacting, the player will do the specified animation for the amount of time set.

-For the beam out effect, I don't know. I haven't found a FX for it, you can add beam out FX for the player, but AFAIK you can't add it for the object.
Career Officer
# 38
02-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Close to wrapping up "Ghosts of War, Part VI" - down to my last unfinished map! Taking my time with it, as it happens to be the climax of not only the episode but the entire saga. It also involves a rather complex SFX set-piece that I want to get just right before unleashing it on the STO public.
Captain
# 39
02-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavraha View Post
It involves the new import/export costume feature, and the tab it has to allow you import pre-made NPCs. Look up the Alien Orion Slave girl while doing so. You'll find she's quite ... flexible. Pun intended.
I have played around with her but I didn't think I could turn her into a Rigellian.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 40
02-27-2013, 12:00 PM
I now have a hypothesis as to how/why Pendra's teleportation trick works.

I've actually seen it happen in my challenge mission.

How: To get it to happen, just stand in the exact center of the Tholian console when slotting the data crystals. Each time you slot one a peice of the holographic display pops up, but when you get to a certain point, one of the holographic display peices pushes you out of the way. If you're in the exact center, instead of being moved out of the way it sends you back to the beam in point.

What do I think is happening? When the game tries to move you out of the way it accidentally moves you into another object(probably the console you're standing next to). As a sort of failsafe, this triggers a respawn.

How is this different from the way Pendra used it? In this case, the trigger point is NOT an enclosed space. Also, the hologram peices aren't very large. But the distance that you get moved when the peice spawns is about the same as the distance between the hologram peice and the crystal console.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.