Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Suggestion : Please read!
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Does anyone remember when a starship wanted to fire, the phaser array used to light up before firing.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE IT IN STO!?!!?!? PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I know DPSers will not be very happy , but what if you had this ..?
[Phaser Array Mk XII (DMG+)[DMG]x2[Acc]]

as opposed to

[Phaser Array Mk XII (SPD+)[DMG]x2[Acc]]

DMG + signifies damage increase while SPD+ means speed increase. I do not mean like a whole second of lighting up but a visible amount of time (if you get what I mean).

So ... Whadd'ya think?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 2
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Why would you tie visual graphics to the equipment's modifiers?
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
so .... we can get better looking phasers!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
I like the modifier, I like the idea of the "pre-fire" however they are two different things that are not related.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
02-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
I like the modifier, I like the idea of the "pre-fire" however they are two different things that are not related.
They are ... if your phasers take more time to fire, it lowers DPS, so you may want to compensate it with extra damage, or if you want the original phaser, just have the speed +

Captain
# 6
02-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Someone had the idea of beam weapons firing one beam, and any other beams would just make it more powerful like consoles do. I would be supportive of that.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.