Ensign
The title of the thread is pretty self explanatory. I am a new player(about 2 weeks old) so am still in the process of learning about the various aspects of the game and I'm looking for a Fleet. I am however a long time Star Trek fan and have much experience with other mmo's. I won't go into too much detail about myself or my history as not every Fleet out there is going to be suited to me as a candidate and vice versa. So leaving the personal history until later conversations I'll make a start by outlining the type of Fleet that I am looking for. I will just say that whatever Fleet I end up in I shall make efforts to be active, contribute and an otherwise worthwhile and valued member.

My initial impulse is to look for a roleplay Fleet(Non rp fleets please don't look away at this point), given my long time love of Star Trek the idea of flexing my roleplay muscles in STO has a certain appeal; so any roleplay Fleets out there that fit the bill please don't hesitate to drop me a line. There are however certain things I'm looking for in a Fleet that based on experience in other mmo's some roleplay Fleets may struggle to provide.

First and foremost Fleet has to be active(both during the week aswell as at weekends), there are few things that I find more frustrating on a day to day mmo playing basis than having a Fleet/Guild that results in me spending half my time in what feels like a graveyard Fleet.

Secondly as most people put in these kind of requests in my experience, I'd like a Fleet with a good social atmosphere. Friendly and mature are the most common buzzwords in this respect.

Last but certainly not least, a Fleet that actually does things together. Not a purely social Fleet, I want to do things with my fellow members. For a roleplay Fleet this has the added proviso of doing more than just roleplaying together, I've been in a couple of groups in other games that were roleplay groups and they ended up doing nothing together outside of roleplay. This can imo get a little stale after a while, because if people aren't actively out and doing things so only logging in to roleplay the conversations can get somewhat repetitive.

I've prattled on enough for now and I'm sure a number of people will just skip this request as it was too long hehe.

Oh one final note, I am in the UK, so bare that in mind when considering if your Fleet's activity level will be friendly to EU timezones. I do often stay up late and so overlap with US players a bit, but this should be considered more the exception than the norm.

Cheers.
Commander
# 2
02-25-2013, 01:25 PM
see my signature. our fleet has members worldwide.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Lieutenant
Greetings,

I would like to start off by saying that it is appreciated that you are interested in a fleet and posting on the forums, it honestly is the best way to contact fleets. Your write-up was quite nicely done, and it is apparent that you are a mature player yourself and looking for a mature fleet. After reading your post, I feel that the 5th Special Operations Division would be a great fit for you, and we would love to have an individual with yur credentials (even though you say that you are new, maturity and respect are highly valued by us).

So here's a breif blurb about the 5th SOD. We are firstly and RP-based fleet. We adhere to Starfleet canon, so we operate in those grounds. Having extensive knowledge of Star Trek is definitely a bonus here, but not mandatory. We are comprised of mature individuals that are very social and enjoy chatting with each other, both in and out of RP scenarios/events. We are not limited to timezones, and have members across several different zones. However, that being said, a majority are spread out across NA. With our rapidly expanding fleet, we are recruiting players more specifically in NA and EU timezones.

I will limit the extent of which I will describe the fleet in this post. I do invite you to take a look at our forum thread (linked below). If there are any questions that arise after your reading of our outline, please feel free to post a reply (bumps are always appreciated), and we will reply in kind. There is also a link to our official fleet website as well within the thread. Alternatively to both, you can contact @ubermatten or @kpts4tv in-game for a more direct conversation.

Cheers, and good hunting!
Career Officer
# 4
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Hello there. I invite you to check out Taskforce Atlantis out. We are welcome to new players. A big percentage of our members are UK and USA based so there is usually someone on. Mostly everyone is patient and will help you out.

STO Member since August 2008
Ensign
# 5
02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I'd like to encourage you to visit the website of the Alpha Centauri Institute and to check out our Fleet wiki, where you can read about our various players and RP storylines.

We are an RP fleet. By our definition and play style, that covers everything from casual RP to full-blown episodes. Our goal is to help you find a story for your character, then to grow that character through RP and game-play in the direction you want to go.

We currently have about 20-25 active players, with several players in your timezone, but we also have them across North America and in Europe. We are currently especially interested in bolstering our European players as we have several people looking for more activity during that timeframe.

At the same time, because our members have varied and changeable work and life schedules, we are sometimes closer to Starfleet than you might imagine: Players may go a day or two, even a week, without running into others because of the schedule, but the fleet is always out there, backing you up and ready to assist in RP or game-objectives. This makes us appear more casual, and sometimes inactive, but a check of our project progression and fleet activity proves otherwise.

I hope you'll check out our website or PM me in-game @WereWolf359.
Tellarites across the galaxy demand an answer to the most pressing issue of their time: Where is Tellar!?!?!
Lieutenant
I know it is hard picking a fleet when you are new. So many want to have you in there fleet. The Fleet I am in United Federation is a good one and we get to know the person and what he likes to do in game before we will invite them to the fleet. knowing the person will keep them in longer then some random invite

http://www.unitedfed.net
Career Officer
# 7
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
If you're interesting in roleplaying, I would suggest reading the two guest blogs on RP from The Trust fleet. The Trust hosted an RP roundtable where ideas and suggestions for devs to support/improve/facilitate RP in STO were discussed and sent to Branflakes. The second roundtable is in a couple days and Branflakes will be attending. If the attendance is like last time, there will be over a hundred roleplayers, and many RP fleets represented.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello there:

Starfleet Liberty Force is still recruiting for a different kind of social gaming. Membership satisfaction is our focus and we are not the corporate like entity kind of fleet. We bring in the social connection that most fleets lack and we are proud to put you in the center of the action.

Wouldn't you rather be part of an exciting group of gamers who care about each other instead of being a mere number in a fleet's roster?

We are a success story of a well established and friendly "Starfleet Liberty Force". Starfleet's finest fleet...where you always have a voice and input...born of hard work and dedication of great individuals.

We are not the small kind of fleet struggling to grow but we are a well established and large enough fleet to accomodate all kinds of players from different gaming preferences and timezones.

PM me for more information and happy gaming!!!

@2007-2007

For any invites or inquiries look us on:

http://stoliberty.guildlaunch.com
[