Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,803
# 21
02-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Power insulators for example, just 2 points in that skill box completely negates 9 points in flow capacitors+3 flow cap consoles worth.
if you could provide some hard data to back that claim up, i could drop all my character's power insulators from 6 to 3, and put the points elsewhere

but i would need solid proof before doing something that could potentially gimp me
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 161
# 22
02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
if you could provide some hard data to back that claim up, i could drop all my character's power insulators from 6 to 3, and put the points elsewhere

but i would need solid proof before doing something that could potentially gimp me
That looks like a mis-reading of this table:

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

It shows the effect of maximum FlowCap on ES as being -18 Power Drain.

And it shows the effect of 2 points of Power Insulators as being 18% drain resistance.

In fact, the table shows that maximum Flow Capacitors increases various drain abilities by 50-100%, depending on the ability.

And it shows that maximum Power Insulators grants 50% drain resistance.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 23
03-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunad View Post
That looks like a mis-reading of this table:

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

It shows the effect of maximum FlowCap on ES as being -18 Power Drain.

And it shows the effect of 2 points of Power Insulators as being 18% drain resistance.

In fact, the table shows that maximum Flow Capacitors increases various drain abilities by 50-100%, depending on the ability.

And it shows that maximum Power Insulators grants 50% drain resistance.
this is an old chart, plus I might be wrong, but isnt there a difference between -18 and 18%? just pointing out the obvious
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 24
03-01-2013, 02:35 AM
Just like to say:

Gravity well is next to useless for damage, unless I haven't yet found the magic "crush enemy ships [ ]" checkbox. GW3 with maximum aux power does somewhere around 1200 damage per second for 20 seconds. 24K points of damage might kill some kinds of frigates, I guess? If you can get their shields down first (being kinetic damage, gravity well does next to nothing against shields). It also has a cooldown time of a minute, which means its damage output is 24K per minute which is easily exceeded by just about any ordinary weapon. I facepalm repeatedly every time I see somebody trying to use one for damage.

If gravity well simply stayed there and continued doing damage for as long as you kept pointing your deflector at it, and if the damage it dealt were shield-penetrating, it might be a decent source of damage for science ships.

As it is, GW is for crowd control and making your team's escorts look like rockstars when they annihilate entire waves of enemies with one rolling barrage of scatter and torp spread.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,638
# 25
03-01-2013, 02:39 AM
the only thing wrong with sci ships is that the kdf doesn't have enough.

sci/sci is awesome. the reason people complain about cruisers is that eng/cruisers is useless. Mainly because of the eng-part, not so much the cruiser.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21
# 26
03-01-2013, 03:43 AM
My Fleet Sci Vessel Retrofit do 4100 over the whole Hive Elite.

I can bosst this DPS a little bit with Fleet Weapons.

At the Moment i use HY3, HY2, TT1, EPtW1,GW3,ES2,TSS2,HE3,SciT1,PH1,TB2(with Duty Officer) 4x MK I Phaser Beam Array MK XI Accx2 crth, Quantum Mk XII Accx3, KCB.

I think with the Romulan Weaponset and an Romulan Add damage Sci console i can Push my damage up to 5000 DPS.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 427
# 27
03-01-2013, 04:02 AM
IMHO I rather fly a sci ship than a cruiser at least there are a few more options to use
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 28
03-01-2013, 04:41 AM
Devs

Place a 2 million point unarmed gate in a map

Shoot it with a Escort for 1 minute record damage

Repeat with science ship

Repeat with cruiser

Now we will know the rest of the story

Enterprising players could do this with a foundry mission to test real sustained DPS
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 994
# 29
03-01-2013, 05:17 AM
What do science ships get, moving from T4 to T5, that makes up for the fact that every other type of ship gets an extra weapon and they don't? Do their stats increase to a greater degree than escorts or cruisers? If they don't, then it is a simple fact that T5 science ships are underpowered; regardless of who is flying them.

I should clarify that stuff like sensor analysis, or the innate subsystem targeting, don't count; since they are available to science ships of all levels, and so are not part of the tier system. I suppose, considering those abilities, that it could be argued that they are overpowered until T5, rather than underpowered at T5; but having levelled up several characters in sci ships, I'd find that hard to swallow myself.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 227
# 30
03-01-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Just like to say:

Gravity well is next to useless for damage, unless I haven't yet found the magic "crush enemy ships [ ]" checkbox. GW3 with maximum aux power does somewhere around 1200 damage per second for 20 seconds. 24K points of damage might kill some kinds of frigates, I guess? If you can get their shields down first (being kinetic damage, gravity well does next to nothing against shields). It also has a cooldown time of a minute, which means its damage output is 24K per minute which is easily exceeded by just about any ordinary weapon. I facepalm repeatedly every time I see somebody trying to use one for damage.

If gravity well simply stayed there and continued doing damage for as long as you kept pointing your deflector at it, and if the damage it dealt were shield-penetrating, it might be a decent source of damage for science ships.

As it is, GW is for crowd control and making your team's escorts look like rockstars when they annihilate entire waves of enemies with one rolling barrage of scatter and torp spread.

GW3 on max AUX + a well timed transphasic cluster torpedo can do some spectacular damage. I've managed to take out 3-4 ships with it at once. Not sure if it's a glitch or something in the game but the damage from the ship the mines hit transfers to the others around it and you get one huge massive burst of DPS.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.