Career Officer
I was hoping to get an answer to this, are we ever going to get more bridges added? What we have is great but I'd love to see the Nebula/Ambassador Bridge, a more realistic Galaxy Class bridge that isn't so huge and monstrous, as well as some new interior options. The interiors of ships have been so ignored it is a crime. I'd really like to be able to customize my engine room as well as my bridge. The warp core is the heart of the ship and there are so many variations. The Galaxy Class engine room was the best and I would love to see it.

Finally, any word on a The Next Generation pack?
Career Officer
# 2
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
What I'd like to see are actual interiors for the lockbox ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
If they start making bridge packs again it should be a full interior and not just a bridge!
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Interiors would be nice but if I'm honest I'd say I'd rather they release new content. Just my opinion!!
Captain
# 5
02-27-2013, 07:17 PM
This has been mentioned many, many times in many, many places.

Whilst I too would like to see more ship interiors in general, unless there are actual gameplay missions that take place, there's isn't much point in Cryptic investing dev resources on a private zone people almost never visit (apart from RP or special DOff assignements).

I'm thinking perhaps an entire season devoted to ship interiors, as per the proposal centersolace and I have been writing (see sig):

- Episode missions that either wholly take place aboard the player's own ship interior, or the remastering of existing missions to include scenes using ship interiors.

- Canon room/deck layouts for each major ship class, skipping unused decks as required.

- The ability to mix and match interior decor styles (e.g. doors, corridors, arches, LCARS schemes) from either 2409 presets or canon interior packs.

- Actual functionality in rooms (e.g. Cargo Bay for general storage, Terrarium for pet breeding, Shuttlebay for configuring shuttles, Armory for crafting ground equipment)

- Cosmetic customisation (e.g. shipwide crew NPC uniforms, BOff positions on Bridges, custom costumes for DOff assignment contacts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Interiors would be nice but if I'm honest I'd say I'd rather they release new content. Just my opinion!!
I don't like the use of the phrase "more content" - it's far too nebulous a term.

Content consists of:
- Ships
- Costumes
- Maps (Ground / Interior / Space)
- FE Missions
- Social or Adventure Zones
- Reputation systems
- PvE / PvP / STFs
- Fleet Holdings (e.g. Embassy, Starbase)

So I think when most people scream "i wanna moar content!loloneeleven", they most likely actually mean more episode missions or adventure zones.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 6
02-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Cryptic has strongly suggested they will release a TNG bridge pack and that a Voyager bridge pack might be released at some point after that. We can also assume that new lock box ships will come with new bridges as well as potentially new designs for a romulan faction, if and when it is released.

Other than that they have been very . . . cryptic.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Don't forget an excelsior bridge. I miss it.
Rihannsu
# 8
02-28-2013, 02:52 AM
actually, i like the lockbox bridges.. no running, no loading screens...
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-28-2013, 04:38 AM
I would love to have more bridges and interiors. TNG bundle would be an instant buy for me! Still a bit miffed I didn't get a bridge for my vesta considering the other bundle ships all have one. Need a 2409 style corridor interior to go with the Odyssey bridge. Please Cryptic, MOAR INTERIORS!
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Captain
# 10
02-28-2013, 04:46 AM
I would like the Bridges to resemble the ship in layout
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse