Republic Veteran
# 11
02-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I got a thought... 1. they should remove the consumable costs... and or change them into replicable items 2. make it so you can right click bring down a menu or something that say replicate consumables... to fill the bar they could add this to doffs system and fleet as well.....

This would certainly tone down the tedium some while still keeping the immersion of sending actual items

I would also like to see items bought from the rep store as account unlocks.. Like the sets and store weapons...

Last edited by cryptkeeper0; 02-25-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Commander
# 12
02-25-2013, 07:44 PM
The only change I really want to see made to the reputation system is to make reputation gains account wide, so that you're only grinding one rep bar per faction per account, but maintain the per character project (reward) structure.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the timer reduced on the inefficient minor rep projects (the ones which grant 800 rep), so that if you're sitting on all the necessary materials, and you're perfectly willing to accept paying the premium that the inefficient rep gain represents, then you're free to mitigate the calendar gating.

As for the EC sink, I appreciate that they dressed it up some, instead of just running with "X marks, Y skill points, and Z energy credits."

Last edited by millimidget; 02-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Lieutenant
# 13
02-25-2013, 11:19 PM
I think they should just flat out drop the daily rep projects. Let your reputation xp accumulate via missions/tasks automatically, in a system similar to how commendation xp works now. When you get to the next rank, require the upgrade project to advance. Place all the costs into the upgrade project: marks, expertise, consumables and commodities if necessary (or just replace them with a flat EC cost).

The store unlocks and item projects can remain as is.

The current daily projects are annoying, and serve no purpose other than a mindless, annoying time-sink. The feel like they were designed by someone who played far too much farmville, or similar crappy browser games. They can be done away with no harm, and the entire system would be more enjoyable without losing anything of merit.

I'd also be willing to cope with the current, annoying click-fest system if it were account (or faction, at least) wide unlocks. But doing it over and over for every character is just too painful for words. So I've stopped, and given up advancing my reputation ranks entirely.
Captain
# 14
02-26-2013, 12:16 AM
To me doing the STFs and what not is the grind not the commodites.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 15
02-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
To me doing the STFs and what not is the grind not the commodites.
This. Commodities was never an issue. Especially when you can stockpile a ton of commodities and just put them in the bank. Can't understand how people can do a ton of STFs in a row without going crazy. 2 elite STFs per day for 2 characters is my max and luckily I have no more Omega reputation projects that I want to do.
Captain
# 16
02-26-2013, 12:34 AM
You can buy nearly all your Rep commodities from the replicator. It costs about 25% more, but for an active endgame "main" character it's pocket change.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give them a replicator or a couple of them. I can understand that they are in need of resources to build up their new world, but the aren't a 24th century resemblance of third world people, they have knowledge, technology.

Also, when the Romulans are trying to build up a new society, you might expect traders will go there, the Tauw Dewa sector. After after all they are in the game to make money, I am here to play, to have fun (which I do). So where the hell is Mudd.

I make it clear. I like the Tauw Dewa sector and New Romulos. They are wonderfully created, but one part of the reputation system is just plain boring micromanagement.
Captain
# 17
02-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
This. Commodities was never an issue. Especially when you can stockpile a ton of commodities and just put them in the bank. Can't understand how people can do a ton of STFs in a row without going crazy. 2 elite STFs per day for 2 characters is my max and luckily I have no more Omega reputation projects that I want to do.
That is not what I said.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Commander
# 18
02-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Commodities are not but the consumables are. 6 bank slots just for one days worth of them. It's just meant to be a time sink.