Lt. Commander
# 41
02-28-2013, 03:48 AM
Could someone answer a quick question for me, do Flow Capacitors affect the power draining ability of Polaron weapons?

I have read all the posts but still am a little confused on this point.

Thanks.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Rihannsu
# 42
02-28-2013, 04:09 AM
Yes, FlowC enhances the drain of Polaron proc. The numbers you see in the tooltip on your end are pretty impressive. A single proc can drain around 50 from each subsystem. However, resists, both by players and NPCs, turn that into an actual drain of around 15 in practice.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 43
02-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Yes, FlowC enhances the drain of Polaron proc. The numbers you see in the tooltip on your end are pretty impressive. A single proc can drain around 50 from each subsystem. However, resists, both by players and NPCs, turn that into an actual drain of around 15 in practice.
Last I read PI is supposed to cap out at 50% reduction in effect. If it's achieving higher than that, it's probably bugged.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Rihannsu
# 44
02-28-2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Last I read PI is supposed to cap out at 50% reduction in effect. If it's achieving higher than that, it's probably bugged.
Hah ...progress. That is something we should be able to test fairly quickly. Again if you have a polaron weapons and FlowC consoles, just pm me in game.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
# 45
02-28-2013, 05:02 AM
I agree entirely with the OP. There should be nothing in this game but direct tanking and sustained dps. Complexity, rock-paper-scissors balancing, and a system of multiple hard and soft counters is nothing but horrible game design. Any build that cannot be readily countered by RAAAAAAGHHH MORE TANK and/or ARARARARARA MOAR DPS is overpowered and should be nefed into uselessness.

Commander
# 46
02-28-2013, 05:03 AM
i think it does improve the drain of polaron weapons, other question related to this,

i heard you dont need flow caps to get the max drain on tykens rift, is it true ?
Rihannsu
# 47
02-28-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
i think it does improve the drain of polaron weapons, other question related to this,

i heard you dont need flow caps to get the max drain on tykens rift, is it true ?
I heared that too, haven't tried it myself, but given my limited encoutners with tykens, it seems true that FloC does not buff the energy drain from Tykens. aka Tykens is borked.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Many thanks, I feel some rebuilds coming on - shame my main toon, who has all polarons, only has 1 sci slot.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO