Lt. Commander
# 1 Server not responding
02-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi,

Even after the servers are back up I am still getting disconnected and getting server communication errors. Anyone else?

Thanks,

Mike
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 09:40 PM
We are noticing no server hiccups at this time. I suggest restarting your client or your PC to see if that might clear the issue. (be certain to restart the launcher as well). You can also force verify your install to make sure you didn't end up with some bad files if you got booted early.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Same issue
02-05-2011, 10:54 PM
The last week, in fact, I've had so many server not responding issues during peak hours that the game is unplayable.

I've never complained about anything on these forums. Even on technical issues I've always assumed that there were things I could fix on my end. But right now, with a predictable pattern of when I'll be able to access the game and when I won't, I'm really starting to get annoyed that the server cannot handle the traffic that it's suddenly getting.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Same issue
02-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I've been unable to transition between zones or even re-enter the game without getting a server not responding error and being dropped for the last hour +.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 05:20 AM
do and post the results of a tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com and nettest guring the time you don't have problems and when you do,

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.

ISP do vary thier traffic management during different times of the day and when there is peak loads. This will check if that is the case.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Running a tracert at 945 AM ET, when traffic to the game should be lower and I'm finally able to get in.

At first the highest value in any column of the tracert was 57ms before it hit the cryptic-3 on the 13th row and jumped to 199, then timed out on the 14th row.

Run it again 5 min later and it's a mess. Time outs all over the place, especially any IP identified by 4.69.

When the connection is good, the nettest has a low value of 124 in column 1 and 139 in column 3. Both of those on line 6/Port 7255. Everything else looks good and the low value in column 2 was 89.

When it's bad (like right now) I get pings below 50 in almost all columns, then when it gets past Port 7255 the numbers jump back up again.

I'm at my wit's end here. I can't play this game and I don't know how to fix it. If I can talk to my ISP, tell me what to say, but I kinda doubt Insight is going to be torn up over this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Same thing with me. Reboot, force cerify didn't help. Maybe something is off between my location and Cryptic servers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconic View Post
Same thing with me. Reboot, force cerify didn't help. Maybe something is off between my location and Cryptic servers.
I too am having 'disconnected from login server' issues ever since the emergency maintenance yesterday. I have done everything, even uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it, not a peep, I can see my character list then suddenly I get disconnected by the login server. If Cryptic say this isn't a server error then I guess I'll have to stop playing STO and move on sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -OPEN-Ixel
I too am having 'disconnected from login server' issues ever since the emergency maintenance yesterday. I have done everything, even uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it, not a peep, I can see my character list then suddenly I get disconnected by the login server. If Cryptic say this isn't a server error then I guess I'll have to stop playing STO and move on sadly.
Same story here, and if I do manage to get into the game there is major lag.
Lt. Commander
# 10 tell you what they tell me
02-07-2011, 04:52 PM
"there's nothing wrong with the game server, its you, so either tough it out or try again later"

that's what I keep getting told so I agree with you, there IS something wrong with the server right now and its not OUR fault.